Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Class Of 2020 Acceptance/rejection/waitlist

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to everyone who got in! With way more people interviewed, this year has been an even more competitive year. I hope I have a better luck next year (really hoping they wouldn't increase the # of interviewees even further).

It's all about the interviews, consider how similar the GPA's were of people interviewed

Interesting... I assumed they weigh different components of an application and score us on each component for an overall ranking.

However, seeing how some extremely high GPA individuals were outright rejected while others with low 3.8s were accepted or given a low place on the waitlist, it seems like what you're saying is true. This really changes how I viewed the admissions process...

Interesting... I assumed they weigh different components of an application and score us on each component for an overall ranking.

However, seeing how some extremely high GPA individuals were outright rejected while others with low 3.8s were accepted or given a low place on the waitlist, it seems like what you're saying is true. This really changes how I viewed the admissions process...

Yeah it seems like the 60% GPA 10% DAT 15% interview and 15% personality test weighting is way off.... and given the number of interviews that went out, it would be nearly impossible for the lowest ranked people to move that far up with that system

Are people on this thread reporting their OMSAS gpas though? 

I don't know..how can someone have like 3.99 with the OMSAS scale? Doesn't that mean they got an A+ in every class they ever took almost? I guess that is technically possible but I don't know anyone like that. :/ 

Well only 11 people have reported that they've been accepted. I assume this sample we have is biased in terms of the average GPA for acceptance. What surprises me is that there is even a single individual with such a high GPA/DAT who was rejected... I mean, wouldn't their GPA and DAT offset their low interview score if we assume that GPA is the weightiest factor? I think interview may count for much more than we realize.

Yeah it seems like the 60% GPA 10% DAT 15% interview and 15% personality test weighting is way off.... and given the number of interviews that went out, it would be nearly impossible for the lowest ranked people to move that far up with that system

The GPA is worth 60%, DAT 10%, Interview 25%. There is no evidence that the personality test is scored in any way.

Of course you're not guaranteed with a high GPA. In the end you're applying for a health profession, and the way you interact with people and handle situations is more important than getting good grades. Therefore with a poor interview performance, it can easily nullify your GPA.

That being said, if the interview was the problem with the application, it's easily fixable with practice.

Don't be discouraged to those that didn't make it this year. It sometimes takes several attempts, but if this is your goal, you will reach it! :)

For those who are waitlisted, don't get discouraged! The waitlist moves a lot when medical school offers come out so just hang in there  :)

And for those who were rejected, don't give up! I was rejected from UofT once before I got in. Learn from this cycle and keep practicing, you'll get in one day.

Are people on this thread reporting their OMSAS gpas though? 

I don't know..how can someone have like 3.99 with the OMSAS scale? Doesn't that mean they got an A+ in every class they ever took almost? I guess that is technically possible but I don't know anyone like that. :/ 

It's more common than you think... When people know their goal from the start, especially knowing that U of T admissions is very mark-oriented, they will get near-perfect GPAs. Plus, you get to drop a year if you've done 4 or more years, so it's not that unlikely.

It's more common than you think... When people know their goal from the start, especially knowing that U of T admissions is very mark-oriented, they will get near-perfect GPAs. Plus, you get to drop a year if you've done 4 or more years, so it's not that unlikely.

Oh yeah..I forgot about the dropping a year thing. Ok that makes more sense. 

Archived