Premed 101 Forums

Failed Mccqe Part I (Quebec) And Residency

It depends upon which university. If it is UdeM, it is my understanding that your residency is delayed and you will not be granted your medical degree with your peers. I do not believe you will lose your residency spot but must first rewrite and pass. 

You will have to ask your school and your incoming residency program... At McGill we were told that nothing happens, you have to rewrite but you're still going to graduate (apparently it's NOT a requirement for grad at McGill) and that if you continue at McGill, you begin residency with everyone else, have full prescription privileges and such.

Really depends on the school and residency program. Some schools require LMCC to get your degree (Sherbrooke, UdeM), others do not (McGill). However, legally I'm not sure you can have prescription priviledges if you don't have your LMCC, which is necessay to get a liscence to practice...

I've heard people starting residency anyway, but without prescription priviledges, while others started 6 months later after passing the LMCC in the Fall.

It's counter-intuitive but it's pretty much a myth... You can still prescribe independently even if you fail the LMCC. It's been confirmed on the forum before.

Moot point though, as it seems you are from a french university and will not graduate without passing the lmcc if I understand the poster above correctly.

Comme l'a dit tigars, mon impression était qu'on commence quelques mois plus tard, après le LMCC à l'automne. Je me dis que ce n'est pas à l'avantage du programme de délayé pour un an, parce qu'il sont un résident de moins pour les gardes pendant 1 an plutôt que 6 mois...

Comme l'a dit tigars, mon impression était qu'on commence quelques mois plus tard, après le LMCC à l'automne. Je me dis que ce n'est pas à l'avantage du programme de délayé pour un an, parce qu'il sont un résident de moins pour les gardes pendant 1 an plutôt que 6 mois...

Ouais, c'est juste un peu "honteux" de couler LMCC quand tu parles avec ton directeur de programme. Mais 5% des étudiants le coulent à chaque année; ce qui est énorme.

Really depends on the school and residency program. Some schools require LMCC to get your degree (Sherbrooke, UdeM), others do not (McGill). However, legally I'm not sure you can have prescription priviledges if you don't have your LMCC, which is necessay to get a liscence to practice...

I've heard people starting residency anyway, but without prescription priviledges, while others started 6 months later after passing the LMCC in the Fall.

So I guess it basically depends on your program director.

Archived