Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't expect them to come out so fast... I was waitlisted as well. Does anyone know when the deadline is for those accepted to accept/decline their offer? 

But from AFMC, it seems 92 people declined + 13 deferrals last year, so there is still a lot of hope! :)

It should be May 27th as far as I'm aware.

For waitlisters, there will probably be a decent amount of movement as Ontario schools won't release decisions for another week (not to mention U of A has yet to release decisions as well).

Just try and keep your mind off of all this, do something fun and try not to spend too much time checking your email/PM101.

You're almost there!

Hi everyone! I received a waitlist email, followed by an acceptance, followed by a third email 20 minutes later that said my acceptance was an accident. I'm wondering whether anyone else went through this? It really upset me but I'm trying to figure out whether I'm the only one. Let me know!

Edit: Received an OOP offer on June 10th. Will likely be turning it down in favour of McMaster, but will be deciding over the weekend.

Hi everyone! I received a waitlist email, followed by an acceptance, followed by a third email 20 minutes later that said my acceptance was an accident. I'm wondering whether anyone else went through this? It really upset me but I'm trying to figure out whether I'm the only one. Let me know!

That's absolutely brutal. I'm so sorry that happened to you and would like to let you know that I'm quite sure all the lovely people in admissions are beating themselves up over it.

Hope this didn't happen to too many people!

Thanks  :(  Unfortunately my dad had already cracked the champagne and I had already called my friends in happy tears by the time the third email came. I'm glad this didn't happen to everyone, I was worried they accepted the whole waitlist like McMaster did a few years ago. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks :( Unfortunately my dad had already cracked the champagne and I had already called my friends in happy tears by the time the third email came. I'm glad this didn't happen to everyone, I was worried they accepted the whole waitlist like McMaster did a few years ago. Good luck to everyone!

Oh my god, that must have been awful for you. *virtual internet hugs*

That is brutal. So sorry you had to deal with that :( Didn't happen to me - only the one email indicating I am on the waitlist. Hopefully you'll get the real acceptance email soon!

Same here. That's really brutal.

Does anyone know how many people get put on wait list? 

Also, I know that medical schools give out more acceptances than class size typically. Does anyone have any idea how many acceptance emails are sent out?

Any insight would be appreciated:) 

Thanks  :(  Unfortunately my dad had already cracked the champagne and I had already called my friends in happy tears by the time the third email came. I'm glad this didn't happen to everyone, I was worried they accepted the whole waitlist like McMaster did a few years ago. Good luck to everyone!

Ugh. This is a real-life nightmare :(. So sorry you are having to deal with that :(. Admissions would feel horrible---they're all very kind people---but I know that probably doesn't help with the feelings you're having right now. So sorry :(. I hope it works out in the end for you!

The triple email also happened to me. I'm out of province and my name is near the top alphabetically, but really who knows why.

Archived