Premed 101 Forums

Uofa 2020 Acceptance/wl/rejected Thread

I was accepted off the waitlist on Monday morning, seen this thread and wanted to let you know not to lose faith!

GPA: 3.63 (dropping my lowest year)

DAT: 75

Interview: 42

I congratulate you and I hope to God that I make it and we'll be classmates; also, thank you for what have you said.

It crossed my mind so I asked to see if anyone would know how would the faculty respond if we all got off the waitlist and they still didn't reach their 30 or 31 goal; because from what I heard, this is the first year in which an unusual number of students decline their acceptance. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I congratulate you and I hope to God that I make it and we'll be classmates; also, thank you for what have you said.

It crossed my mind so I asked to see if anyone would know how would the faculty respond if we all got off the waitlist and they still didn't reach their 30 or 31 goal; because from what I heard, this is the first year in which an unusual number of students decline their acceptance.

Ahhh haha ok sorry I didn't understand your question, hope I didn't sound like an ass. I honestly don't know, there is the advanced placement admissions but it says on the UofA site that they begin as third years. I really doubt the university would want to offer an admission spot to someone they already sent a rejection letter, so maybe they would accept an international transfer or a Canadian studying abroad? Haha sorry I don't have a better answer again. Anyone on this thread actually know the answer to this??

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that's that hey? It's been two weeks since the confirmation deadline and not many people have posted about getting off the waitlist in comparison to how many people seemed to have dropped. I assume most of the people who got off the waitlist don't look at this forum. Daaannnggg. Looks like it's time to readjust my energy and keep fighting. Class of 2021, I'm coming for ya. Congratulations to everyone who got in this year, you've been given an opportunity, make the most of it! Enjoy the year guys :)

I guess that's that hey? It's been two weeks since the confirmation deadline and not many people have posted about getting off the waitlist in comparison to how many people seemed to have dropped. I assume most of the people who got off the waitlist don't look at this forum. Daaannnggg. Looks like it's time to readjust my energy and keep fighting. Class of 2021, I'm coming for ya. Congratulations to everyone who got in this year, you've been given an opportunity, make the most of it! Enjoy the year guys :)

Keep at it! Through several years of rejections, the only thing that kept me sane was planning on how to make myself BETTER. It pays off.

What a vibrant competitor - mixed feelings here for you. I do want to say, however, that there's still maybe a 5% chance of you making it this year. Chris told me that if an acceptee fails to show up on the first day of classes Aug 29th, the spot may then be given to the next candidate on the waitlist given correct circumstances. Otherwise, all the best in your endeavors - onward and upward, my friend.

• 2 years later...

Archived