Premed 101 Forums

Potential Waitlist Movement

Potential Waitlist Movement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

Congratulations to all who got acceptances. To those who were placed on the waitlist, we're almost there and I wish you all good fortune. I thought it might help put some of our minds at ease if we could try and gauge (as best as we can) waitlist movement for Queen's. Please try and participate to help us waitlisters keep some sort of sanity throughout this agonizing wait. Thanks!

Edit: Just a reminder that the poll is not public and will not show who voted for what.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much does the waitlist move in a given year?

I'm sure it's highly variable according to year but according to AFMC, a couple years or so ago Queen's made a total of 197 offers I believe. This obviously doesn't take into consideration those who pull themselves from the waitlist. So pretty much I'd say it's a big ?.  

I'm sure it's highly variable according to year but according to AFMC, a couple years or so ago Queen's made a total of 197 offers I believe. This obviously doesn't take into consideration those who pull themselves from the waitlist. So pretty much I'd say it's a big ?.  

I'm sure that the list moves a lot, but that number is several years old. It pre-dates our current medical building and revised curriculum.

197 in total or 197 people off the waitlist got in? (I know there are 100 seats, so 97 people got in off the waitlist or 197? would appreciate clarification please :) )

I believe Savac was referring to another year in which similar movement occurred. I've actually seen the document that he's probably referring to (its a dated AFMC). Let's just hope both of those past years are indicative of current movement.

197 total (97 people got off the waitlist)

Keep in mind it would be less than 97 people getting off the waitlist if they initially overinvite.

Also the offered and registered includes QuARMS + MD/PhD.

I think it's closer to 87 + 90 = 177.

Would # of offers given include people who were on the WL, but rejected the offer eventually when they moved off the WL?

Is this what you mean?  On the WL initially, then offered a spot at Queens and another school and chose the other school.

If this is what you mean then yes this should be included in the number of offers. Just think of it as the number of offer emails they send out when all is said and done and the class is full.  

Done. Great suggestion.

I would also suggest maybe adding something that says "On MULTIPLE waitlists, including Queen's", just so people can distinguish those who are waiting for various schools vs. just Queen's. 

Is this what you mean? On the WL initially, then offered a spot at Queens and another school and chose the other school.

If this is what you mean then yes this should be included in the number of offers. Just think of it as the number of offer emails they send out when all is said and done and the class is full.

Sorry! I'm still a bit confused..there are people on the waitlist who will receive offers at other schools and get off the waitlist, I'm assuming that number doesn't take into account these people? Would it be safe to say that over 97 ppl on waitlist get in then?

Archived