Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlisters Unite1

"Dear Applicant,

The following movement has occurred on the ranked waitlist for the Entering class of 2016:

The class now has 59 confirmed learners. At this time we are awaiting response from the remaining 5 offers that have been already sent out.

We made 15 additional offers from the waitlist. Therefore, 31 applicants remain on the waitlist.

You will receive another update in 1 week or prior to that if the class reaches 64 confirmed learners."

Good to have the update at least.

I was just typing this out, you beat me to it!

It's at this point that I should now probably admit that it won't happen this application cycle, and begin planning my Masters. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just typing this out, you beat me to it!

It's at this point that I should now probably admit that it won't happen this application cycle, and begin planning my Masters. 

"Dear Applicant,

The following movement has occurred on the ranked waitlist for the Entering class of 2016:

The class now has 59 confirmed learners. At this time we are awaiting response from the remaining 5 offers that have been already sent out.

We made 15 additional offers from the waitlist. Therefore, 31 applicants remain on the waitlist.

You will receive another update in 1 week or prior to that if the class reaches 64 confirmed learners."

Good to have the update at least.

So I emailed admissions and got a phone call almost right away at 8pm....somehow there was a typo in my email...I got all the rpevious NOSM emails but this time my address got autocorrected from .ca to .com by their computer system. I was supposed to have been emailed an offer of admission 10 days ago but never got it!!! So glad I came on this forum and decided to check to see what was up, and so happy I'm going to be a doctor!

Good luck to the rest of you, keep at it, it will happen, and if you haven't heard anything one way or another, verify your contact info with them! It's amazing how just a few letters can change your life!

Wow! Glad to hear your future wasn't crushed by an email malfunction. Good on you for checking up on things!

Yea, I found out I am one of those 5 too. So assuming you are accepting, there are only 3 possible chances for the waitlist to move anymore and that requires the 3 other people to decline. I'm still crossing my fingers for those of you still waiting!!!

That is insane what happened to you mm16, so happy you worked it out. Are you going to be on the East or West campus?

Can't believe there's already only three spots left...seems like the waitlist moves less and less each year at NOSM and I'm not surprised with how much they've developed over the last few years and their stellar match rates...

Wondering how close they are to filling the class...anyone hear anything yet today..you guys are all in my thoughts...

For the recently admitted folks, did you join the facebook page? It's a wonderful community on there.

Hi guys!

my post will be odd here, but I am wait listed at U of T dentistry, so I was wondering any of you who are on the med wait list, has been accepted to u of t dentistry so that if you get in to med, would drop your spot in dentistry:s (I hope its not that confusing)

Does anyone else feel super anxious because you know you probably won't get in given there are only 3(maybe) spots left but still hoping and checking this forum / your email every hour? Or have you moved on?

I've moved on to be honest. 

I check every couple of days for curiosity's sake, but I still expect to get an email tomorrow saying the spots are filled. 

I think it's best for my mental state to move on anyway! Months of waiting followed by these last few weeks have made me so anxious I've adopted a more laid back attitude now.

I've moved on to be honest.

I check every couple of days for curiosity's sake, but I still expect to get an email tomorrow saying the spots are filled.

I think it's best for my mental state to move on anyway! Months of waiting followed by these last few weeks have made me so anxious I've adopted a more laid back attitude now.

Guess you were right. It's full now, just got the email. ????

Well everyone, I'm not going to lie, I've been pretty rock bottom this past week or so.  But the waitlist is now closed and it's time to move on to the back-up plan I set up for myself.  I'll be starting Trent's compressed Bsc Nursing program in September.

To those that managed to get called from the waitlist - congratulations, and remember to never take your seat for granted.

My 5th and final application to NOSM will be submitted this fall.

RR

Archived