Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2016

Update: Ottawa got back to me and they won't be releasing wait list offers prior to the May 24th deadline. Time to make a tough decision!

What happens if you just don't respond to either of your Mac or Toronto offers and leave them alone until after Ottawa gets back to you on May 24th/25th?

Wouldn't they have to assume that you were somehow unreachable and thus need to make an extra effort to ensure you have received the offers and have made a decision, or would your offers immediately expire upon the deadline with a lack of response?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caution for any assumptions so not to take any chance or risk.

What happens if you just don't respond to either of your Mac or Toronto offers and leave them alone until after Ottawa gets back to you on May 24th/25th?

Wouldn't they have to assume....."

I received an offer from the good waitlist this morning (OOP/Atlantic) at 9:31 AM AST. Not sure if anyone else heard, but I was informed I was next on the list although she did mention that they are still in the acceptance period, so not sure why I heard back so soon. I was an applicant to the Indigenous Program (choosing the English Stream) so that may have been a factor in my early offer of acceptance. Hope everyone else hears some good news soon if they are on the waitlist. 

Congratulations!!

I received an offer from the good waitlist this morning (OOP/Atlantic) at 9:31 AM AST. Not sure if anyone else heard, but I was informed I was next on the list although she did mention that they are still in the acceptance period, so not sure why I heard back so soon. I was an applicant to the Indigenous Program (choosing the English Stream) so that may have been a factor in my early offer of acceptance. Hope everyone else hears some good news soon if they are on the waitlist. 

Is anyone planning on emailing them soon to maybe ask when the offers will go out? Or maybe just playing the waiting game? Does anyone know someone on the wait list who has heard back yet?

last year the calls started going out on the Friday after the deadline. it can take up to 2 business days for OMSAS to forward responses to the schools. hope this helps!

Guys, the waitlist is starting to move! I got the call from Chantal at 1:19pm. It's been a long and stressful journey, and I feel so relieved and blessed to have gotten an acceptance! Really looking forward to going to Ottawa in September. Good luck to all those still on the waitlist! 

Guys, the waitlist is starting to move! I got the call from Chantal at 1:19pm. It's been a long and stressful journey, and I feel so relieved and blessed to have gotten an acceptance! Really looking forward to going to Ottawa in September. Good luck to all those still on the waitlist! 

I just got a call at 1:40! GPA 3.96. 

Are you both in the english stream? I'm just curious because I am in the english stream, and my wGPA is 3.965.

When they called you did they say anything about how the waitlist has been moving this year? Or really anything interesting? How long was this call even ahaha. On a previous forum apparently Chantal mentioned that last years waitlist wasnt moving as much as usual, would be amazing to know anything about this years'. Sorry freaking out over here

Archived