Premed 101 Forums

Uft 2020 Waitlist

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed the admissions office last night, and today they told me that the in-province list moved 12 spots - I think we'll have to wait until people hear back from med school waitlists to see further movement.

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a month since admissions were out and majority of the waitlist movement has already been done.. (since people have made their decisions and what not). I still haven't heard from the school and haha im getting depressed xD (I'm not trolling, I just thought I'd hear something by now? Its my first time applying to a professional school and being waitlisted).

I heard stories of people getting in August but not sugar coating anything, i probably should let it go, and think about next year's cycle, right? there's always luck involved im sure, but I should look for a job, do more schooling, maybe study for the DAT again right? 

I'm reluctant to contact the school since they probably won't give me a lot of information and even if they tell me a lot of movement has occurred, oh man, I'll be sad haha. but i guess knowing that maybe I should move on? 

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you so much! 

it's been a month since admissions were out and majority of the waitlist movement has already been done.. (since people have made their decisions and what not). I still haven't heard from the school and haha im getting depressed xD (I'm not trolling, I just thought I'd hear something by now? Its my first time applying to a professional school and being waitlisted).

I heard stories of people getting in August but not sugar coating anything, i probably should let it go, and think about next year's cycle, right? there's always luck involved im sure, but I should look for a job, do more schooling, maybe study for the DAT again right?

I'm reluctant to contact the school since they probably won't give me a lot of information and even if they tell me a lot of movement has occurred, oh man, I'll be sad haha. but i guess knowing that maybe I should move on?

What is your position on the waitlist

man you are too disappointed! don't be! I don't want to give u false hope, but based on what I have seen in forums from last years, this year movement is not bad! if the trend be like last year I think it would move maybe even to mid 30s! but its just what I conclude based on past years stats! I would suggest you to improve your application (maybe taking easy courses to improve your GPA or rewrite the DAT or even if you think you can not improve them that much apply for job). Maybe next year application pool is different and u get chance again for interview and u know how to prepare better this time! the wait list hopefully keep moving like all the past years till near the Aug so finger crossed! but don't waste time by just waiting for that, keep moving and improve since at the end of summer if u have just waited for the results but did not do anything, and in case u did not get out of wait listed u have lost a valuable time…so I would say that enjoy summer but plan for something that will improve ur application for next year. and remember that since u are already wait listed it means that u were better than many other applicants so ur chances are high already for next year!

Archived