Premed 101 Forums

Wait List Support Thread

Yeah, considering it ranged between 36 and 41 declined offers for the past 3 years, I'd say remain hopeful but start planning as though you aren't accepted. Just think though, every one of us had enough for them to accept us, but they don't have the space for all of us. That's how I see it :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just accepted off the waitlist for the NMP. Seems like the waitlist is moving! I will likely reject this offer since I already accepted my UofT offer. Hopefully someone else gets some good news soon!!!!!

Are you IP or OOP?! And when do you have until to reply, just so we know when to expect more movement!!

Sorry I guess I should have posted some stats:

Accepted to NMP

Time stamp: May 26th, 3:30PM

IP applicant

GPA: ~89%

Old MCAT: Best score was 11BS/10PS/9VR

NAQ: last year was ~28. See my UofT post for more info.

Interview: I felt very bad after the interview. Felt like I bombed at least 3 stations. I guess I didn't do as badly as I thought.

Will likely decline this offer for my Toronto offer.

Good luck everyone!

I'm a bit late posting, but here goes.

Accepted off waitlist to NMP. Time stamp 5/26/2016 2:30:34 PM

My stats from last year's rejection are below. I stayed on the waitlist last year right up to the orientation date.

MCAT: 28

Overall Grade Point Average 86.58

Pre-Requisite Average 83.04

AQ Score 27.02

NAQ Score 25.19

TFR Score 52.21

Interview Score Above Average

In case it isn't obvious from my low GPA, I am IP haha

All I did in the time until this year's application was continue to work passionately with both my professional and volunteering ventures.

Accepted to IMP

Time stamp: June 3rd, 10:46AM

IP applicant

GPA: ~86%

MCAT: 511

NAQ: First Time applying, so no score.

Interview: I thought I didn't bomb any stations, but there were several that I didn't exactly love my answers to either. Just felt OK about the interview overall. 

I will be accepting this offer! For everyone else on the waitlist, keep those hopes alive, definitely seems like the list is moving. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - long time lurker here - i aleays appreiated when other people time stamped, so i figured id do the same after getting an offer to the NMP on the 4th round

In province

84 gpa

Lots of volunteer work

Interview felt crap - felt like i bombed like 3 stations

Lived rurally for a few years, but wasnt raised rurally or anything like that.

To those still on the waitlist - stay hopeful - i had all but written ubc off this year. Ive felt down and out and wanted to give up to many times - just stay to your goal.

Hey guys,

So the fourth round has been announced, and I am starting to figure out my alternative plans for next year as I am still yet to hear back from UBC. 

My question is, how likely is one going to hear back from UBC at this point (speaking realistically)?

On one hand, judging from the posts on this thread, it seems there were only 5 or so people accepted off the waitlist (since the first movement). There were ~6 rounds last year, and so we're 2/3 way through already. 

On the other hand, you always hear about people who were accepted like 2 days before class started.

It's so hard to say - I've heard rumours that approx 90 ppl are on the wait list from year to year, and something like 35-40 ppl get accepted. You are right to say ppl get in right up until school starts - I also know, UBC generally cuts the wait list down mid June, so if you are still in the running after that your chances go up, statistically speaking. I think making alternative plans is wise, but I wouldnt completely give up hope. Stay positive, but do manage your expectations - and with enough persistence and perseverance, your hard work will pay off - good luck!!

Do you know if they shortened the waitlist?

UBC MD BLOG STATES...

Offers 2016 – All Positions Filled in MED 2020 Class

By Admissions on June 23, 2016

The deadline for Round 6 has passed, and we are both happy and sad to report that all of the positions for the MED 2020 class have been filled. If students withdraw their acceptances there is a chance that a few more positions will become available, but it is impossible to say how many spots will open up, if any. We therefore recommend that applicants still on the waitlist start thinking about their 2016/2017 applications if they plan to reapply to the program.

Archived