Premed 101 Forums

For All Us Waitlisters, Any Idea When First Batch Of Waitlist Invites Goes Out?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does how quiet it's been mean that the first wave of wait list acceptances has gone out but hardly anyone here have heard yet? Or does it mean they haven't sent it out?

These are the questions that keep me up at night

Well about 3-5 people on here reported waitlist acceptances, so not that quiet. The first wave has definitely gone out.

Damn being on the waitlist really sucks. I just wish they could tell us our position. I actually had a little thought about why they may not give us our position. It's pretty funny how the male:female ratio is almost 1:1 most years. I'm wondering if people could get offers before people ranked higher than them on the waitlist simply based on gender to keep that 1:1 ratio.

where did you find info about gender ratio? i couldnt find anything about queens and was curious

where did you find info about gender ratio? i couldnt find anything about queens and was curious

Oh I didn't mean to be particular in that Queen's has that ratio. It was more so from data from other schools and how there's generally been a push to move medicine away from a more male-dominated profession and move to a 50/50 distribution. Also I believe I saw something on one of their videos that showed the numbers.

Edit: ya it was in the video "Queen's by the numbers" 

Good luck guys. I think that there is still a lot of movement to come because in the past few years the deadline to respond was a week after Victoria day but this time it was the day after so I imagine there was less time for the admissions office to process OMSAS responses which might have delayed movement this week.

Archived