Premed 101 Forums

Funding Dental School-Western

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone that was accepted to Western yesterday.  If you would like any advice or information with respect to Professional Lines of Credit please feel free to contact me.  I have been working with Dental students in different capacities for 8 years and have seen every situation imaginable.  Regardless of your current location in Canada I am able to assist in setting up your financing.

Scotiabank is currently the #1 choice for existing Schulich Dental students for their professional banking needs.  Over 50% of existing Schulich Dental students have chosen Scotiabank to advise them.

With respect to what sets us apart there are a number of things in my mind.  At UWO specifically I would say it is our service that sets us apart from other banks.  I specialize in Dental and Medical Financing and also come to the University twice weekly to meet with students.  Students love this as it allows them to focus on schooling and if they do have questions they know I am there.

On the product side of the equation all banks are similar but have small variances.

-We do a limit of 275,000 at Prime

-No Co-Signer required

-We capitalize payments.  Which essentially means we add the interest onto the balance each month.  Other banks will require you to make interest payments.  As a student you don't have income so you end up pulling off of your line into your account to make a payment back onto the line of credit.  This is a nuisance and if you forget to do it your credit will be adversely affected.

-Free Unlimited Chequing Account

-Free Cheques

-Gold Passport and Gold American Express with fees waived for the duration of your schooling.  From my understanding we are the only bank that offers rewards cards with the fees waived for the full duration of your schooling.

These perks along with the service is what sets us apart at Western in my mind.

Archived