Premed 101 Forums

I have  a few questions about the PAT and the Carving section of the DAT.

I feel pretty confident about the Sciences part from classes that I took. 

I have a hard time finding the answers to the TFE questions and I really think it's gonna mess me up. 

In order of easiness in my eyes:

-Cube counting

-Hole punching

-Angle ranking

-Keyhole

-Folding

-TFE

I think I'm gonna do the test in that order.......what do you think?

And for the manual carving, how did you manage your time in 30 minutes? What did you start by doing and how many soaps did you cut prior to the test?

I'm taking the test in November and I'm going to order the prep kit in july when they open registration. 

I would suggest doing the sections in the order that they are in the test. You dont want to waste time finding the next section in your list. In my signature I have a link to my dat breakdown where I talk about how i prepared for the PAT section. You may find it usefull.

I used digital caliper to give me more accurate & reliable feedback on my carving. This helped me dial down my accuracy for 28 on MDT. I thought real hard about my technique (how quick and accurate) after each carving. I carved many many many soaps. It's a skill that anyone can learn with time/practice/feedback.

I used digital caliper to give me more accurate & reliable feedback on my carving. This helped me dial down my accuracy for 28 on MDT. I thought real hard about my technique (how quick and accurate) after each carving. I carved many many many soaps. It's a skill that anyone can learn with time/practice/feedback.

Do you get the soaps from their website? I bought 2 sets but each one is 35$ and we're really tight on money....

Archived