Premed 101 Forums

Hi,

I was wondering whether it is possible to apply to the coming MD school application cycle if you have already accepted the PA program. I have heard many mixed review about how some schools don't look at applications from students that are already in a graduate program (but haven't completed it yet), because it shows that they have a lack of commitment. Some other people have told me that this does not matter, and that Med schools still consider the application. I was just wondering if someone knew how this actually works, or if it differs based on universities.

I know that I'm probably going to end up sounding kind of ungrateful with this post, but I just wanted to make sure before rushing into anything. 

Thanks in advance!

I want to say yes- because PA program isn't really a research degree right? I've known people leave Pharmacy and Physio degrees and enter schools that would not allow masters students to not enter unless they've completed. So maybe non-masters degrees, like professional degrees, are ok? 

You'll have to ask the schools to be sure.

Archived