Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Dat Percentiles?

Hey everyone, I was wondering where I can find percentiles for the overall score for the Canadian DAT. I know universities don't actually care what percentile you're in but it's nice to see where I am compared to others. I found a percentile range for the american DAT but have no luck finding one for the Canadian version. I got an overall score of 25 for my February DAT and was wondering what percentile that is. Does anyone know?

wow guess what they say is true. feb dat is somehow easier to do well in than nov. because a 22AA for feb 2016 was 91%. 21AA was 83%. 

No, wouldn't that mean February DAT was harder to do well in? If in November 2015 you were in the 82nd percentile, you would get a 22 AA. But for February 2016 if you were in the 83rd percentile you'd only get a 21 AA. In order to get a 22 AA for February 2016, you'd need to be in the 91st percentile -- doesn't that mean it's harder to get a higher AA score?

Hey everyone, I was wondering where I can find percentiles for the overall score for the Canadian DAT. I know universities don't actually care what percentile you're in but it's nice to see where I am compared to others. I found a percentile range for the american DAT but have no luck finding one for the Canadian version. I got an overall score of 25 for my February DAT and was wondering what percentile that is. Does anyone know?

A score of 25 is really good! may I ask what were the resources you used to prepare for the Canadian DAT? other users also please feel free to recommend any resources to me. My Dat score is stuck on average and doesn't seem to want to move up! any advice is appreciated 

just to let u know guys… the DAT is not as important as you think! of course doing good is important but other factors are more important… to those who haven't applied: at least for ontario dental schools that I know, DAT is not very important compared to GPA and interview…for U of T mostly GPA matters… I had AA 25 (bio 30, chem 23, RC 22) and PAT 20. and got wait listed but I had friend with low 20 and even 19 who got accepted…so if you didn't do that well on DAT don't get discouraged and if you got high DAT score, don't think u are basically in!

just to let u know guys… the DAT is not as important as you think! of course doing good is important but other factors are more important… to those who haven't applied: at least for ontario dental schools that I know, DAT is not very important compared to GPA and interview…for U of T mostly GPA matters… I had AA 25 (bio 30, chem 23, RC 22) and PAT 20. and got wait listed but I had friend with low 20 and even 19 who got accepted…so if you didn't do that well on DAT don't get discouraged and if you got high DAT score, don't think u are basically in!

Thanks for the information! May I ask what prep books you used for the DAT?

Thanks for the information! May I ask what prep books you used for the DAT?

ok so I was premed, and the year before writing DAT, I wrote MCAT which I did really bad on VR section. for MCAT I studied EXAMCRACKER book only. So after I decided to write DAT, I was kind of predisposed to Chem action since it was really similar to MCAT chem, so I studied that for 1 week (I watched course hero I guess, the videos and question that it had). but for one month I studied AP biology book and on section that I was bad in (plants and phylogeny) I took note. After one month, I used destroyer book and also bootcamp. for reading I started by crack dat, top score, Kaplan, boot camp etc( as much as resources that I could find cause I am really slow reader and I had to find a way to improve). for Pat also start by crack DAT PAT, and boot camp is really good and also like mr RC section, tried many tests, so every day, I was doing a complete PAT test. for bio, for sureeee read feral is notes, I did not get the chance too, but at last few days before exam, I looked at them and it was realllyyy complete! you can find feral is note from student dr network , just search it in google. Do as many practice test as you can, and u will do great. remember to learn mostly and not just memorize stuff…for chem don't do much hard problems like me, the questions were so basic that made me think this is not possible to be this basic! probably there is a trick or something in this question, but in reality there was not much of a trick! also for bio.. if u did not know a question just read the options and use your logic to eliminate the things that don't make sense. for bio section I was unsure about 5 question, but by this method thanks god I got all of them right

No, wouldn't that mean February DAT was harder to do well in? If in November 2015 you were in the 82nd percentile, you would get a 22 AA. But for February 2016 if you were in the 83rd percentile you'd only get a 21 AA. In order to get a 22 AA for February 2016, you'd need to be in the 91st percentile -- doesn't that mean it's harder to get a higher AA score?

I was thinking more in terms of the skew. More people in Nov got a higher number of questions correct which is why with the same number of correct questions (ie. 22AA), in Nov you'd still only be higher than 82% of the rest vs. in Feb, you'd be higher than 91% of the rest. get what i mean? And it's because apparently less people take it in Feb. 

Archived