Premed 101 Forums

International Dentistry School

Hi,

So here is my situation: i've just been fired out from the faculty of dentistry of University of Montreal (i made another year and then I failed a class and they dropped me out).

It is 60% in each class to pass and I heard University of Montreal is one of the hardest in Canada (and considering the situation/courses I failed, I don't think that I am "not made for this job").

Considering this, do you think they could still take me in a faculty in Europe ? (Or other international?). I have the european cityzenship and I have no problem working in Europe after the studies. Also, I have a good 1st bachelir and a good resume with volunteerings etc.

Thanks.

If you have money, and a solid undergraduate GPA record, you should be able to get into a foreign dental school. I would look into australia as they have reciprocity with Canada. Otherwise go for whatever cheap european university that takes internationals regularly and is cheap. Once you're done you'd then just have to write the Canadian equiviancy exams, so look into that and know what is required from Day 1 to tailor your foreign education to Canadian requirements. 

Shouldn't be an issue.

If you dont have to, I wouldn't even tell them you did dentistry in Canada. Hopefully your dental transcript is seperate from your bachelors transcript.

Either way though, perhaps they wouldn't even care as long as you pay up etc.

Only they can tell you if they'd look at all marks. What I'm saying is, its very unlikely they'd be able to know you went to dent school if you dont tell them

If France is your goal, look at French schools then and see what's what.

Archived