Premed 101 Forums

Need Assistance In Narrowing Down List

Hello I need help narrowing down my list of MD schools down to 15 (Due to financial problems). My cGPA is 3.75, MCAT 509 (126/127/127/129).  I have above average ECS but nothing exceptional.

1. George Town 

2.George Washington 

3. RosyFranklin 

4. Kentucky 

5. Oakland 

6. Central Micghigan 

7. Jefferson Kimmel 

8. Tulane* 

9. Wayne State 

10. MaryLand 

11. Suny UpState 

12.Einstein 

13. NYMC 

14. UCONN 

15. Mich. State 

16. Meharry *

17. Virigina Common 

18. St Louis

20. Wisconsin

I think getting rid of Meharry and Tulane would be best. I am not usually the race that Meharry seems to accept alot of (I am west asian) and Tulane isn't so canadian friendy?

I

Hello I need help narrowing down my list of MD schools down to 15 (Due to financial problems). My cGPA is 3.75, MCAT 509 (126/127/127/129).  I have above average ECS but nothing exceptional.

1. George Town 

2.George Washington 

3. RosyFranklin 

4. Kentucky 

5. Oakland 

6. Central Micghigan 

7. Jefferson Kimmel 

8. Tulane* 

9. Wayne State 

10. MaryLand 

11. Suny UpState 

12.Einstein 

13. NYMC 

14. UCONN 

15. Mich. State 

16. Meharry *

17. Virigina Common 

18. St Louis

20. Wisconsin

I think getting rid of Meharry and Tulane would be best. I am not usually the race that Meharry seems to accept alot of (I am west asian) and Tulane isn't so canadian friendy?

Keep Meharry if you have any community service or underprivileged volunteering. I know 3 very caucasian friends who have interviewed there over the years. 

Get rid of uconn (doesn't accept internationals, heavy IS bias) and VCU (took forever to review my app only to tell me after they finished interviewing that they would like to interview me very much and to expect an email). Georgetown may be low-yield as well. George Washington may be low yield as well.

Get rid of uconn (doesn't accept internationals, heavy IS bias) and VCU (took forever to review my app only to tell me after they finished interviewing that they would like to interview me very much and to expect an email). Georgetown may be low-yield as well. George Washington may be low yield as well.

I'd keep VCU, have seen Canadians get accepted there. 

How much does each individual school cost anyways, 30$? I wouldn't cheap out at this stage, since you don't know how your app will be reviewed by different schools. It can be very random.

I'd keep VCU, have seen Canadians get accepted there. 

How much does each individual school cost anyways, 30$? I wouldn't cheap out at this stage, since you don't know how your app will be reviewed by different schools. It can be very random.

Especially given the cost of US schools, if an extra 100$ or so is a dealbreaker, then they might run into much bigger problems with financing the school later on

^True but OP is looking to narrow down their list. Check out the SDN VCU thread from last year and see how many people were not reviewed before their interview season ended. It is 35$ or so to add a school for primary but secondary fees are a whole 'nother level.

1. George Town 

2.George Washington 

3. RosyFranklin 

4. Kentucky 

5. Oakland 

6. Central Micghigan 

7. Jefferson Kimmel 

8. Tulane* 

9. Wayne State 

10. MaryLand 

11. Suny UpState 

12.Einstein 

13. NYMC 

14. UCONN 

15. Mich. State 

16. Meharry *

17. Virigina Common 

18. St Louis

20. Wisconsin

Last I checked, Wisconsin didn't accept internationals. Not sure if it has changed, I might be wrong.

Hello I need help narrowing down my list of MD schools down to 15 (Due to financial problems). My cGPA is 3.75, MCAT 509 (126/127/127/129). I have above average ECS but nothing exceptional.

1. George Town

2.George Washington

3. RosyFranklin

4. Kentucky

5. Oakland

6. Central Micghigan

7. Jefferson Kimmel

8. Tulane*

9. Wayne State

10. MaryLand

11. Suny UpState

12.Einstein

13. NYMC

14. UCONN

15. Mich. State

16. Meharry *

17. Virigina Common

18. St Louis

20. Wisconsin

I would drop GWU (huge number of applications) and SLU (it is a escrow school, even for Canadians)

Archived