Premed 101 Forums

Transferring To Uoft

Hello guys, 

I have admitted to McGill DMD which is starting this September. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the possibilities of transferring from McGill to UofT after one year? since my husband is working in Toronto, I am considering my options. 

Thanks

Hello guys, 

I have admitted to McGill DMD which is starting this September. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the possibilities of transferring from McGill to UofT after one year? since my husband is working in Toronto, I am considering my options. 

Thanks

Chances are slim to none. A lot of Canadians studying at American dental schools are busting their butt to transfer back, with most people having a perfect GPA. It doesn't mean it's not possible, just very difficult and rare since it also depends on the number of seats available each year. 

Chances are slim to none. A lot of Canadians studying at American dental schools are busting their butt to transfer back, with most people having a perfect GPA. It doesn't mean it's not possible, just very difficult and rare since it also depends on the number of seats available each year. 

I think more pressing concern is the difference in their curriculum (UofT's traditional vs. McGill's med integrated program). I would contact admission office to see if you are even eligible for transfer before worrying about competition.

I think more pressing concern is the difference in their curriculum (UofT's traditional vs. McGill's med integrated program). I would contact admission office to see if you are even eligible for transfer before worrying about competition.

It definitely is. I called once asking about the possibility of transfering from an irish school to uoft dent, and the admission clerk said it is possible. That was last year though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived