Premed 101 Forums

Applying To Canadian Schools While Ms-1 In The Us?

Hey fam!

So I recently re took my mcat for the third time, and I scored a 515, with a score distribution that puts me within UWO's cutoffs.

I was wondering if I could get some info/advice on applying to Canadian schools while I am a student in the US?

Depends, USMD or USDO? IF USMD, you may not be able to apply and/or have to disclose, as both Canadian MD and USMD are LCME accredited. You'll have to call the schools and ask them, regardless you would have to restart as a M1 in Canada if accepted.

If USDO, you can happily apply, just like any other non-LCME accredited schools, and simply restart from M1. 

The advice on applying is no different than for those who aren't in the US. You just happen to be a medical student elsewhere when applying.

Depends, USMD or USDO? IF USMD, you may not be able to apply and/or have to disclose, as both Canadian MD and USMD are LCME accredited. You'll have to call the schools and ask them, regardless you would have to restart as a M1 in Canada if accepted.

If USDO, you can happily apply, just like any other non-LCME accredited schools, and simply restart from M1. 

The advice on applying is no different than for those who aren't in the US. You just happen to be a medical student elsewhere when applying.

Thx for the reply!

Yep I'd be an OMS-1 (DO School). So I should be ok, then?

Archived