Premed 101 Forums

Applied Everywhere But No Interviews

Applied to almost every english Canadian med school but didn't get any interviews. GPA is 3.92, MCAT is good, good EC's. I was expecting to at least get interviews. I'm very confused. I don't know how to get any info about what went wrong since the med schools don't divulge that information. I don't know if I should even apply again, feeling pretty hopeless. Any advice or insights about what could have gone wrong is appreciated.

Also, is this unusual?

First thing I would say is that if you really want to study medicine then yes apply again. Majority of people have to apply more than once to get into a Canadian medical school, the competition is fierce. I would say email schools and ask for information about your application, the worst they can say is "we don't disclose that information". 

Getting into medical school requires more than just good grades and a stellar MCAT score. You should probably go over your essays, CV, and other aspects of the application. Reach out to professors at your school, perhaps other health care providers and ask for feedback. Also take time to really reflect on the whole process and be open to criticism. I hope this helps and good luck!

Applied to almost every english Canadian med school but didn't get any interviews. GPA is 3.92, MCAT is good, good EC's. I was expecting to at least get interviews. I'm very confused. I don't know how to get any info about what went wrong since the med schools don't divulge that information. I don't know if I should even apply again, feeling pretty hopeless. Any advice or insights about what could have gone wrong is appreciated.

Also, is this unusual?

We could provide better guidance on the strengths and weaknesses of your application if you give us more to work with. Some important information you left out was:

- Your actual MCAT score

- individual GPA for each academic year/ UofT wGPA/Ottawa wGPA

- A list of the ECs you used in your application

- Are you in province for Ontario or do you live in another part of Canada

- What are you currently doing? (undergrad/2nd undergrad/ masters/PHD/ Working)?

Archived