Premed 101 Forums

Bad Grade In One Of The Recommended Courses ?

Under recommended courses, it says "Note: As applicants are required to demonstrate their academic ability to determine their suitability for the rigorous MD curriculum, taking the Credit/D/Fail option for required and strongly recommended courses may not be a helpful indicator in the selection process and could potentially jeopardize your application to the program"

But I screwed up and ended up getting a D+ in Organic chemistry 2. Am I screwed for UBC?

Under recommended courses, it says "Note: As applicants are required to demonstrate their academic ability to determine their suitability for the rigorous MD curriculum, taking the Credit/D/Fail option for required and strongly recommended courses may not be a helpful indicator in the selection process and could potentially jeopardize your application to the program"

But I screwed up and ended up getting a D+ in Organic chemistry 2. Am I screwed for UBC?

Don't worry about it.

Just do well in the rest of your classes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey OP, I don't think one bad grade is gonna sink you. It seems like UBC is good at looking at the whole picture when calculating for admissions