Premed 101 Forums

Housing available for UWO Meds/Dents students

Guest therealcrackers

Guest therealcrackers

Area: near Sarnia and Wonderland, 25 min. walk to school, 3 min drive to groceries, bank, gas, LCBO, drug store. Quiet street, another med student lives up the street. 10-15 minutes drive from downtown, 5 min from UH, 10 min from St. Joe's, 15 minutes from South Street, 20 minutes from Westminster campus (hospitals).

House: 5 bdrm (all pretty good size; 1 upstairs still avail, 2 downstairs), 2 full bathrooms, kitchen, decent closets, living room, dining room, big rec room, laundry room, central air, gas furnace.

Property: 16 Paperbirch Cres. (works on Yahoo! Maps), big front lawn, big back yard, garden, deck, parking for 4 cars, 2 minutes from bus stop (10 minutes to school, 1/30 minutes). We have to shovel snow, but not mow the lawn.

Rent: $1875 for the house; if 4 people, ~$470/month, if 5 people, ~$360/month. Landlady is very nice, and loves med students!

Roommates: me (Graham, Meds2005, starting clerkship in Sept.), TimmyMax (Meds2006, starting first year again in Sept. :rollin ); we're pretty laid back, fairly neat, studious at times but good company.

Utilities: not included--likely rates are for the house per month over the year: hydro + water ~$120/month, gas ~$80/month, phone as per use, cable $50/month, internet $35-60/month depending on how many we plug in.

Vacancies: 2 or 3, depending on compatibility and expenses.

Where to get a hold of us: e-mail to my ezInBox or that of TimmyMax

Xamining the house: when you want, just give us a couple of days notice (I will be in Toronto after this week, but can come down to meet an interested party).

You: will love the place! Congratulations and hope to hear from you soon!

• 2 months later...

Archived