Premed 101 Forums

Cars 128?

Hi everyone, 

I am a non AB student with 4 years of undergrad. 

GPA = 3.76 with the lowest year dropped

MCAT = 510  (128/127/127/128) 

It says on their website that the minimum MCAT score is 128 in CARS for nonAB students. Does this mean it's pointless for me to apply at all? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. 

Hard cut-offs are a cold reality of applications and many of us have been found ineligible based on them at one or more Canadian medical schools--since schools often look for different things.  This is especially hard to stomach when it is a single point, but I have not personally heard of anyone getting past them with a lower score, maybe someone else has.

I submitted my U of A application before I knew what my MCAT score was. I ended up getting a CARS score of 127.

I received a letter in the mail on October 6th stating, "Your MCAT scores do not meet our admission requirements. Our minimum MCAT score requirement for non-AB applicants is 128 in CARS with a minimum score of 124 in all other sections". And then basically saying "your application has been terminated, good luck with your future."

I'm positive they didn't screen my application past the MCAT cutoff scores. I personally wouldn't waste your money. It is hard to stomach as Thermophilus said, but cutoffs are cutoffs and there are no way around them - you either make them or you don't.

Archived