Premed 101 Forums

Awards Recieved After June 1St But Applied For Before June 1St

Pretty sure since it is awarded in July that it is not applicable for this cycle. :/ sorry to hear that

I too have some activities that would really love to include for this cycle but I started them after June 1st. I think of it this way: If I don't get in this cycle, I'll have at least 1 thing significant to add for next cycle.

And I agree I know a lot of people might fudge dates, back-date things etc but I think if I got in and I did something like that, I would feel guilty for having done something dishonest. These things can be tempting to do as its as easy as changing a date but I would encourage you to be honest so that when you get your offer you'll know you 100% deserved it 

I would be careful with the dates as they clearly list June 1st as the cut off for activities. I too had to omit some activities to my application in the past cycle due to this cut off date. On the other hand, all your other activities might give you a good NAQ score :)

I think you might check with admissions? Because it actually only has the cut off date for non-academic activities and research section, NOT awards. I checked their document they post as I had a similar question for something else... It does not say anything about the June 1 cut off under awards section in their admissions guide document. They also don't ask for a verifier for awards, so I assume that is why you know people listing things under that section as it is kinda a gray area. If it was research or an activity, I would say definitely do not include but this is not specified in their document...

Archived