Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they say they invite OOP applicants who have "no other negative aspects" about their application, does that mean they do complete a comprehensive review of the entire application (including extracurriculars, letters of recommendation etc.)? Thank you! 

Has anybody from OOP received an interview invite? I called the Admissions Office today and they said that emails will be sent out all this week. They told me if I don't get one by next week, I should consider my chances slim.  :mellow:

Hope to get something in the next couple of days!  :)

Did they say that rejections will be sent out next week, or are they still sending out invites into the beginning of next week? Thank you! :) 

Anyone else from IP or in general hear back yet??

I read a post on here that not hearing back by early next week means a slim interview chance? But then I also read they are giving out interview invites still over the next few days. That mesg was sent the 13th soo.. Ahh idk. My mcat is low so clearly I'm on the lower end of the spectrum here.. I'm IP .

Please post if you have received an invite ! Helps with being hopeful .

Thanks guys..

Does anyone have any idea how many OOP (as in Ontario, non-maritime) interviews they offer?

According to this document (https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf) they offer interviews to 122 OOP residents and 134 NL residents. Seems like good numbers.

I haven't heard yet, am a total non-trad applicant (PhD grad, in my 30s, no science background) and I aced the CARS (131) but bombed chem/phys (118!!OMG!). I have other strong elements to my application (like publications, approx $195,000 in scholarships and research grants over the last 6 years, lots of work and volunteer experience in diverse and maybe health adjacent fields, strong letters, good essays (i think anyway)) but i am feeling so worried that my stupid MCAT score will destroy my whole application. Anyway, fingers crossed for some good news early next week. Luck to everyone!

No I did not. I am an OOP(ontario). 

I ended up calling them and they said they are not done yet. 

Fingers crossed

Did they say when all notifications will be sent out? Are they sending out rejections this week as well, or will those be sent out at a later date? 

Archived