Premed 101 Forums

Important Question!: Abs Statements Strategy

Hi All,

I had a question about the 3 ABS statements:

For each activity, should I talk about what I did or only talk about what I learned? I know we have to connect to the clusters, so should I specifically mention which clusters I improved in myself and learned about, or should I just state all the things I did in the activity and leave it to the reader to make the connections to the clusters (using the “show don’t tell” approach)?

Thank you so much for the help!!!

As the reader is not stupid, he/she is able to make the connection without you spoonfeeding the relationship to clusters.

You want to demonstrate CanMEDS competencies so your growth and development is more important than the actual activities, however, context is required to credibly demonstrate such development. Hope this helps.

As the reader is not stupid, he/she is able to make the connection without you spoonfeeding the relationship to clusters.

You want to demonstrate CanMEDS competencies so your growth and development is more important than the actual activities, however, context is required to credibly demonstrate such development. Hope this helps.

That helps. Thanks!

Archived