Premed 101 Forums

My Chances? Mcat + Gpa And Ec's

Hi, this is my first time posting, just wondering what you think my chances are to get in. i am applying in my third year as well 

My MCAT score's released today i got 125/128/124/125 (502) /  Retake for this summer if i dont get in?

for my GPA its at a 3.97 from omsas calculation

EC's were average 

i applied to utoronto (won't take me got 124?) ,ottawa,Mcmaster,Queens

Hi, this is my first time posting, just wondering what you think my chances are to get in. i am applying in my third year as well 

My MCAT score's released today i got 125/128/124/125 (502) /  Retake for this summer if i dont get in?

for my GPA its at a 3.97 from omsas calculation

EC's were average 

i applied to utoronto (won't take me got 124?) ,ottawa,Mcmaster,Queens

WOW what school and program are you in if you got a 3.97 GPA but only a 502...

I agree with the posters above; it sounds like you have a good chance for Ottawa and McMaster. Best of luck! :)

WOW what school and program are you in if you got a 3.97 GPA but only a 502...

I sincerely apologize if I'm reading too much into your post, but I don't think you're making a fair assumption here. Not every medical school applicant comes from a traditional science background. In addition, people have different circumstances when they're preparing for the MCAT, and some have more time to study than others do. It's entirely possible to have a high GPA with high marks in a variety of different disciplines, and to also have a below average or average MCAT. There are a lot of factors that contribute to how someone will perform on the MCAT.

Archived