Premed 101 Forums

Last Hope For Canadian Dental School

GPA:3.97(worst year dropped)

Bsc degree holder

DAT:22 AA,22Bio,20Chem,24RC,18PAT,carving failed.

New DAT:22AA,25Bio,21Chem,21RC,23PAT,20MDT

Applying to UofT,UWO,DAL,McGill,UBC,UofA

Last year didnt get any admission. Is it my PAT? Only had one interview last year and screwed that up too since I didnt get in. I'm an Alberta resident.

GPA:3.97(worst year dropped)

Bsc degree holder

DAT:22 AA,22Bio,20Chem,24RC,18PAT,carving failed.

Re-doing the DAT.

Applying to UofT,UWO,DAL,McGill,UBC,UofA

Last year didnt get any admission. Is it my PAT? Only had one interview last year and screwed that up too since I didnt get in. I'm an Alberta resident.

Were you invited for an interview at U of T last year? Your stats look good so if you weren't invited, I think you probably calculated your GPA wrong. For now, focus on improving your PAT scores, although they don't even matter that much with your GPA. Your PAT/DAT scores are definitely not the problem because I've seen students in my class with much lower scores. Once you get an invite, just focus on practicing for your interview. CDA style interview is something that you can definitely improve a lot with practice. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the admission process in Ontario.

Dr.Watson- Im not eligible. 3 years of 5/5 courses. I have 4/5,5/5,6/5. Thought 6 would make up for 4 but guess not

C2j- I thought so too. Only 1 section on my DAT is low

Lllllllll- my gpa would be lower for ontario schools because of the scale they use. I missed deadline for uoft last year and thank u!! If i get an interview, i will for sure message you.

Appreciate your guys responses. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

hey i had pretty similar stats to you and I got accepted at U of T. I was out of province as well.  I think you should be able to get an interview and if you do well on it you should be ok! 

Best of luck!

Congratulations! Which province are you from? I'm applying to U of T this year as Manitoba candidates. Any experience in preparing for interview?

Were you invited for an interview at U of T last year? Your stats look good so if you weren't invited, I think you probably calculated your GPA wrong. For now, focus on improving your PAT scores, although they don't even matter that much with your GPA. Your PAT/DAT scores are definitely not the problem because I've seen students in my class with much lower scores. Once you get an invite, just focus on practicing for your interview. CDA style interview is something that you can definitely improve a lot with practice. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the admission process in Ontario.

Given the heavy weighting of gpa versus DAT and interview in makes no sense that you didn't get further last year. In case the same happens this year I'd seriously consider petitioning after a rejection - there have been specific instances (I know of 2 in the last 6 years in Ontario) who petitioned and found errors in processing and actually got in.

Hey cleanup- 3.936 for uoft (worst year dropped. So best 3 years)

3.965/92.2% for UWO with 5/4/5/6 (number of courses over 4 years. Will get penalty for taking 4 but I did 6 to try to make up for it)

I applied before and didn't get results till later. Sadly, carving didn't go well again so my two best changes are UWO and UofT

Hey Smilebright- I have no idea also. I worked my butt off to get high scores and I'm not introverted so my interview skills aren't that bad. Just don't know why nothings happening for me. I really don't want to go to the usa.

Thanks again for the posts and support guys!

Archived