Premed 101 Forums

Interview Prep Course?

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an interview preparation/coaching service. I searched online but was overwhelmed after seeing all of the companies offering this service. If anyone had any experience with any companies offering these services in Ontario and could provide their input, that would be appreciated!

Is this your first MMI? Do you know anything about it?

The only thing I found helpful was the fact that they gave me EVERYTHING I needed to know about the MMI process. They gave me a nice framework, but I felt like I could've done it on my own.

Also, they give you a structure to follow, but I find that it is very generic and won't really set you apart from other applicants. I recommend just practicing on your own and trying to figure out your own unique twist on how to answer the questions :).

Obviously, just do what you think is best for yourself. You know yourself best! :)

If you are currently attending university, I strongly suggest looking into your school's Career or Student Success Centre. My school offers a wide range of services, from seminars on how to prepare for interviews, to mock MMIs and individual 1-on-1 mock interview sessions. You can get direct, honest feedback from people who really do want to help you out... and since they're almost always free to current students, it won't break the bank. 

I'm a reapplicant, have a less than 3.40 GPA with an avg MCAT.  I used APE Advisor Prep.  I will caution that they are EXPENSIVE but I am now a med student @ mac and there are several other people in my class and the classes above me that used them (that's how I found out about them).   

If you're interested in receiving interview prep from them, make sure that you can provide proof that you've applied to the program or received an interview invitation at the program you're seeking help.  Otherwise, they will not work with you.

Ive tutored many students before, ever since I got into med school myself and everyone found it helpful. I know how they mark you, who marks you, and I have a compilation of many previously asked questions. You should know some basic ethical and legal principles but that isnt exactly what you are graded on --- the people interviewing you often arent in the medical/legal field themselves.  I do this as a side job for bit of extra income and I dont charge 100+ per hour. Ive graduated and am waiting for next year's residency application round -- many of our clinical exams are basically the same as the MMI questions they will ask you. Send me a message for details.

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an interview preparation/coaching service. I searched online but was overwhelmed after seeing all of the companies offering this service. If anyone had any experience with any companies offering these services in Ontario and could provide their input, that would be appreciated!

Three of my friends used Bemo or bemo consulting I think and they were all happy and got in. I think all three had MMI interview and one of them also had a panel in the US.

But, I would just call all the companies, study their websites and then decide what's best for you. Just like anything else this is a personal decision and perhaps this forum is not the best place to come for life decision advice.

I say this because after just a very short time on this form, I see that there seems to be a lot of fake profiles on here. Some are schools and they keep discouraging people from doing anything, some are competitors that either praise themselves or bash their competitors and others are just bitter rejects. In any event I wish you and all the other real premeds on here the very best and I hope to see you guys in a med school in the near future! :-)

Archived