Premed 101 Forums

Gpa+Mcat+Ec, What Are My Chances?

chota-don

Due to not meeting cutoffs, I know Western is out. Worried about my chances at Mac and Queens due to my low CARS, and Ottawa due to low GPA. Is Toronto my only hope this round?

Ottawa 3.89
Queens 3.91
McMaster 3.87
Toronto 3.95

Mcat(128,126,126,127)

Main Extracurriculars:

biomedical research lead for startup company(developed vein visualizing technology and world's first smart mattress/pressure ulcer management system)(developed clinical trial to test technology with major Toronto health center)

few terms TA

infection control volunteer experience at hospital
shadowing experience under physician
President of multiple clubs at uni
homeless shelter volunteering
summer research assistant position
organizing member of hack4health hackathon and world religions conference

Ottawa: low chances, there have been a few with 3.88-3.90 so dont lose all hope, but don't expect too much either

Queens: Are you a MSc student or have a grad degree? This seems to really help with Queen's. Regardless, the school is a blackbox but I think you still have a good shot at getting file review.

McMaster: The 126 and 3.87 may get you one if you nail CASPer, so again there is a slim chance here, write CASPer and hope for the best

UofT: Probably your best shot IMO, hopefully they like your ABS and essays enough to invite you for an interview.

Best of luck!

Ottawa: low chances, there have been a few with 3.88-3.90 so dont lose all hope, but don't expect too much either

Queens: Are you a MSc student or have a grad degree? This seems to really help with Queen's. Regardless, the school is a blackbox but I think you still have a good shot at getting file review.

McMaster: The 126 and 3.87 may get you one if you nail CASPer, so again there is a slim chance here, write CASPer and hope for the best

UofT: Probably your best shot IMO, hopefully they like your ABS and essays enough to invite you for an interview.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your response! I suspected as much. Btw I'm a 4th year undergrad

Archived