Premed 101 Forums

Deggpa Vs Cgpa

Hello, I am currently in my fourth year.  I was wondering if I took classes outside of my degree for fun, meaning that their GPA are not added in my DegGPA. Will MCGILL count them in my GPA?  Someone was telling that some people during the summer take easy classes outside of their degree requirements just to bring their CGPA up, I did that but I wonder would it count toward the DegGPA at MCgill?

Thank you!

I emailed admissions about summer classes (I took one during my undergrad) and they said that it would count in my degGPA if that class was required for me to obtain my degree/graduate.

If you have any questions specific to your situation, I'd email admissions. They're very helpful!

Exactly - as long as the credits you received for the courses count towards your degree (whether as elective or core courses), those credits will be included in the calculation of your degGPA . If you graduate and decide to take additional classes as an independent student, those credits will not be considered.

Wait so if the classes didn't count toward the degree they are not gonna count??? damn :(

If you fill out the workbook, their algorithm should be pretty clear... all the courses you list within section 3 are the marks that will be used to calculate your "McGill equivalent GPA," which is what will be used for admissions. Any courses you took outside of your "basis of admission degree" will not be considered. 

Archived