Premed 101 Forums

Chances Thread 1St Timer

Sorry in advance for starting yet another chances thread, but I don't really know anyone who's even remotely close to the medical field so I wanted some advice to see my chances so that I could start thinking about other things too if they're bleak.

cGPA:3.70

MCAT: 516 (130/127/129/130)

EC's: Management at work, helped vulnerable populations get back to work, worked with junior high kids to address things like self esteem building and goal setting, and designed some testing method for a non-profit org. Some tutoring and committee experience. No major awards :| Graduating this year. Thanks for the help!

You definitely have a chance, but I don't know how meaningful it is to hear that. If depends on how you write your top ten, and how they are received. We can only provide meaningless speculation. I would suggest to definitely pursue back up plans, that are meaningful to you, help you prepare to reapply next year, with an application that demonstrates the qualities they are looking for. There's no way around the fact that despite best efforts, this is a somewhat subjective process (meaning we can only assure you that while you have a chance, we have no way of providing odds).

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies, and answering my question. I was looking at stats and everyone seemed to have a stellar GPA and MCAT score, so I was worried. But I guess it's true that since the application is so subjective it's hard to make any predictions. I'll pursue my backup and hope for the best this year. Good luck to everyone who applied this year!

Archived