Premed 101 Forums

When Is The Actual Deadline To Submit Documents?

Medreamy

Good evening all,

This might have been asked a few times already but a quick search yielded me no result. 

Does anyone know when the actual deadline is? Does it include processing time by the admission committee?

I.e. Is submitting my documents on November 1st 11:59 PM considered a late application and result in automatic refusal? Or maybe it's on October 31st at 11:59 PM?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Good evening all,

This might have been asked a few times already but a quick search yielded me no result. 

Does anyone know when the actual deadline is? Does it include processing time by the admission committee?

I.e. Is submitting my documents on November 1st 11:59 PM considered a late application and result in automatic refusal? Or maybe it's on October 31st at 11:59 PM?

Thanks a lot in advance!

It's actually due at 9pm EST tomorrow, it says on the website: https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting 

That link doesn't work actually.

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting  

From the website: "DEADLINE ► This step must be complete before 9 p.m. (Montréal local) of the application deadline(November 1 for medical programs, March 1 for Med-P program - unless those dates fall on a weekend or statutory holiday, in which case the deadline will be the Monday or business day following)."

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting

From the website: "DEADLINE ► This step must be complete before 9 p.m. (Montréal local) of the application deadline(November 1 for medical programs, March 1 for Med-P program - unless those dates fall on a weekend or statutory holiday, in which case the deadline will be the Monday or business day following)."

I think this pertains to: 

Complete your application forms and pay the application fee 

(sorry, copied and pasted)

meaning the web- app system and payment

I think this pertains to: 

Complete your application forms and pay the application fee 

(sorry, copied and pasted)

meaning the web- app system and payment

It's the same deadline for both the application and supporting documents.

The following dates are for the Fall 2017 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.

• Application opening date: September 1, 2016
  • Application deadline: November 1, 2016
  • Deadline for the receipt of all supporting documents: November 1, 2016   

Nope, it's all good. I went to admissions today and they told me that those who apply on like October 31st (ie ME hahaha) probably won't be able to upload their supporting documents until very close to the application deadline (because of the processing delay). She said they're aware of that, and it's okay. Just make everything is in by tonight.

Interestingly, dentistry gives you a 2-day window to upload all of your supporting documents (until Nov 3).

Update - my docs were received and my app is 'Ready for review'! The deadline for the submission of docs must be 11:59! :)

I'll stil contact admin tomorrow to be sure.

Was your academic workbook (the excel file) marked as complete as well? When did you submit that? 

Was your academic workbook (the excel file) marked as complete as well? When did you submit that? 

For me, my workbook was already submitted and received two days ago. All else that I could upload personally was submitted today and received almost immediately!

Just my two cents on the time deadlines: I believe the 9pm deadline is only for the payment in order to receive your McGill ID and access to Minerva. This is the sense I get from the way they formulated their words.

For me, my workbook was already submitted and received two days ago. All else that I could upload personally was submitted today and received almost immediately!

Just my two cents on the time deadlines: I believe the 9pm deadline is only for the payment in order to receive your McGill ID and access to Minerva. This is the sense I get from the way they formulated their words.

One of the current med students/ambassadors just responded saying that the deadline is indeed tonight at midnight! :) We're good to go!!! :D

I agree with this interpretation and confirm that I sent my documents after 9PM and it is all fine and «Ready to review».

It is only important to pay before 9 because it is when they look if they recieved new payments during the day and send McGill ID to people, so if you pay after 9PM you'd only get your ID the next day at 9PM and would not be able to fill the documents with your ID in time.

From the admissions office:

"Please note that it is normal to experience a slight delay in getting access to upload documents. Please try again to do so, as we are unable to do it on your behalf. (You will be granted an extra day or two to give you a chance to do so, without penalty)."

I sent them an email because I wasn't able to upload my documents. This is what they replied with, so I wouldn't worry!

Archived