Premed 101 Forums

Clerks

No idea, just know when I went to get my coveted "student intern" ID in 3rd year the crusty old security guard said they all had to say "medical student" now because of U of C. Just assumed it is some red tape thing because they don't follow the standard 4 year progression and AHS wanted us all the same.

No idea, just know when I went to get my coveted "student intern" ID in 3rd year the crusty old security guard said they all had to say "medical student" now because of U of C. Just assumed it is some red tape thing because they don't follow the standard 4 year progression and AHS wanted us all the same.

Ummmm my ID badge from U of C says clinical clerk. The first and second year's say medical student. Not sure where said security card heard that.

As a medical clerk, we do a lot of paperwork aha! 

We don't have any clinical responsibilities, but the staff and the residents do expect that we do all the paperwork for our patients...

ha, didn't know that :) I wonder if any of the patients would understand it either (not that clerk makes a lot of sense either - sounds like someone that just does paperwork). 

As a medical clerk, we do a lot of paperwork aha! 

We don't have any clinical responsibilities, but the staff and the residents do expect that we do all the paperwork for our patients...

ha, there is a lot of paperwork as a resident as well :)

Honestly in hindsight I am not sure who got it worse on that.

Archived