Premed 101 Forums

Same Answers To Narratives As Last Year - Good Or Bad?

AAAmeds

SunAndMoon- Nope I only did a 4 year undergrad (biomedical science)

I remember them talking about my upper level courses and how they look at difficulty and stuff. So I agree with Haribo in that they would distinguish between someone who did part time studies in an unrelated field vs. someone doing full time studies in a related field. As well as how difficult the electives you chose were. I have a few friends with very high GPAs that took courses like Bee Keeping and Canadian Hockey for their electives...

Totally understand the reasoning, however I did a 3 year undergrad in Bachelor of Science with upper level courses as well and electives were all related fields..

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ranking by email 2 years ago when I first applied. Email Admissions asking for your feedback, they'll forward your request to the right person. 

Just an update for anyone curious: I got an email yesterday saying that they cannot provide personal feedback for applicants, so it seems like this has changed for this year.

they said they can't, or they can't right now? That really sucks if it has changed. It was really helpful. 

I believe they mean they can't at all, here is the part of the email:

"We understand that you have dedicated much time and effort to the application process and that you may wish to better understand this outcome. While it is impossible for the Office of Admissions to provide applicants with individualized feedback or advising, we hope the following information will clarify certain important elements of the selection process." (followed by their formula for weighting pre-interview decisions)

I believe they mean they can't at all, here is the part of the email:

"We understand that you have dedicated much time and effort to the application process and that you may wish to better understand this outcome. While it is impossible for the Office of Admissions to provide applicants with individualized feedback or advising, we hope the following information will clarify certain important elements of the selection process." (followed by their formula for weighting pre-interview decisions)

The same line was in last year's email too and I was able to know my ranking/talk about my application sometime in June. 

I got this email following my dent rejection, I assume it's the same for med (notice the last line):

"While we understand that applicants dedicate much time and effort in the preparation of their application and would like to better understand the outcome, we unfortunately do not provide individualized advising. However, we do offer to provide information about your ranking if we receive a request submitted by email."

Med email has this 

"We understand that you have dedicated much time and effort to the application process and that you may wish to better understand this outcome. While it is impossible for the Office of Admissions to provide applicants with individualized feedback or advising, we hope the following information will clarify certain important elements of the selection process."

And then they list the selection process scheme such as 70% academic, 30% CV, etc.

Archived