Premed 101 Forums

I May Have Just Lost My Application - Please Help

no-name

I am so depressed right now. I feel like I just lost my opportunity to apply at Mcgill :(

It's been a long time since I wanted to apply but kind of assumed the deadline was like in january like the other universities. Today a counselor told me the deadline was......today (he completly forgot to tell me last time I saw him and didn't think it was necessary to check on my own since he gives me all the information -____-)  so I went home and started doing my application but at 8h00 PM there was a bug and I think it didn't work cause I still didn't receive any confirmation email....I wrote an email to the admission and am willing to call tomorrow but I feel they won't trust me if I say there was a bug.

I know it's my fault and I feel so bad right now but do you think there is any hope for me? Anyone has been in this situation and convinced the admission to look at a solution ?

What do you recommend I tell them on the phone?

PLEASE HELP ME :(

I don't think there's any telling what Adcoms might do. When you pay for your application, you usually need to receive confirmation before you can continue uploading documents and submitting your application... is this the email you haven't received? If so, that's likely because the applications are processed in person during business hours. I'm sure they can be a little flexible with deadlines under specific circumstances, but that's on a case-by-case basis. Be honest - tell them there was a misunderstanding, and that your application is ready for submission. Hope for the best, but don't expect too much - they have every right to refuse your application. Good luck!

If you don't receive an email then you can call tomorrow and clarify if it was submitted.

Can't speak for McGill but my experience with applications/carms/lmcc is the deadlines are pretty firm and they generally don't make exceptions. If there was a genuine computer error that is something they can investigate so I wouldn't hesitate to mention that. The bit about your counselor not telling you is not information they will require nor will it likely help you in any kind of positive way. 

Nothing you can really do tonight.

Also, most med school applications are due long before January, like Ontario is Oct 1, Dalhousie was Sept 1, etc. Really sorry to hear about this, though, but I agree the deadlines are firm and exceptions are rarely given, hence the deadline. If anything, you still got next year, one year is a lot of time to build on your application which is a good thing :).

Also, most med school applications are due long before January, like Ontario is Oct 1, Dalhousie was Sept 1, etc. Really sorry to hear about this, though, but I agree the deadlines are firm and exceptions are rarely given, hence the deadline. If anything, you still got next year, one year is a lot of time to build on your application which is a good thing :).

The deadline for all other medical schools in Quebec is January 15th except for McGill which has a November 1st deadline.

Archived