Premed 101 Forums

How about Irish or Australian schools

Do you guys think they are good options for someone who has low GPA and low dat score ??

Irish schools don't look at your DAT but they weigh the essay and references more. You'll need a decent cGPA for Irish schools as well but there is no interview process. Not sure about Australian schools but they do look at DAT scores and have interviews. I think it'll be easier to apply to Irish schools if you have a low GPA/low DAT

How about Irish or Australian schools

Do you guys think they are good options for someone who has low GPA and low dat score ??

It is def easier to get into Australian schools than here - that's why so many have gone after not getting in here (that tells you something in terms of the bar being lower in itself). While a low GPA is difficult to fix without a huge time and expense investment, certainly taking another go at the DAT should be considered in the interim - depending on how serious you are about this truly being your desired goal

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I talked to some of the students studying in Ireland and Australia. Some of them actually had very low GPA and DAT score but they got accepted .

I'm so happy now

I applied last cycle with a cGPA of 3.74 and I got accepted to both the Irish schools (don't require DAT scores). You can apply with a low GPA and have a good shot, good luck!

Avoiding poverty or bankruptcy for yourself and your cosigner (parents).

Other than that, not much. You'll write the Canadian board exams which aren't terribly hard and then you can practice in Canada.

Does a grad from an Irish dent school need to write a Canadian challenge exam to practice here or just pass Canadian boards? Anyone know?