Premed 101 Forums

Pt Application Help

I'm applying for the 2016-2017 cycle and would like some advice to increase my chances of getting in. In the Western PT personal submission, they ask why you want PT to be your career and to focus on "knowledge of profession and its scope of practice". For those that have been accepted, are they looking for a more personal/caring answer or more of a straight to the point, factual answer. For example, a caring answer could be how you want to help people in a more personal way and the hands on procedures about the profession interest you while a more factual answer would be like you feel you have strong people skills and would be more of an asset in this profession than other rehab/medical professions.

Thanks

Westerns personal statements must be short and to the point. The character count was extremely short compared to Queens. 

You got a good idea on what to write. You can write what motivated you to pursue a career in PT. I don't think they care about what you "can do", but they want to see what has motivated you to apply (what interests you about PT). 

You can talk about your experience and what makes you a good candidate for the program in the third questions (If they still have the same essay questions as last year).

"Describe particular strengths, experiences, attributes, leadership skills and/or abilities that you will bring to the profession."

Archived