Premed 101 Forums

Pharmacy Job?

Nidhogg

Hi all,

I am currently a first year undergraduate student and I recently got a job offer to work at a Shopper's pharmacy while studying. I think this is a good opportunity as it exposes me to the world of health and patient care. (also, a plus is of course making some money haha).

I would like to know if any of you are familiar with how medical schools in Canada look upon pharmacy positions like this one. Thanks!

Hi all,

I am currently a first year undergraduate student and I recently got a job offer to work at a Shopper's pharmacy while studying. I think this is a good opportunity as it exposes me to the world of health and patient care. (also, a plus is of course making some money haha).

I would like to know if any of you are familiar with how medical schools in Canada look upon pharmacy positions like this one. Thanks!

Well done.

Noone here is an adcom so everything said will be speculation, but my personal feelings are that on paper it may give you only a slight boost if any.  The biggest benefit will not be to your medical school application, but to your own personal growth and perspective on patient care.  I think that alone will make this an invaluable experience :)

Well done.

Noone here is an adcom so everything said will be speculation, but my personal feelings are that on paper it may give you only a slight boost if any.  The biggest benefit will not be to your medical school application, but to your own personal growth and perspective on patient care.  I think that alone will make this an invaluable experience :)

Thanks @VolumeOverload. I agree with what you said. It's definitely a matter of self-growth and experience exposure. That's what ultimately helps in the long run!

Interesting responses. It will definitely give you a boost - what is ironic is that most pharmacists understand medications and their dosages better than most doctors do. As a pharmacist, I've received prescriptions from many MDs that prescribe the wrong medication. So yes I would definitely think it is an asset. www.reliefbuddy.ca

Archived