Premed 101 Forums

Too Late To Apply

I am finishing my AMCAS application (submitting today). My letters and transcripts are already received. Good ECs, GPA 3.97 on OMSAS scale (so prob higher on AMCAS), MCAT ( 506-127, 125, 127, 127). I am applying to Central Michigan University and Taulene. 

Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance 

You are hopelessly too late and you're wasting your time. Sorry to be harsh, but this is the reality. Your application won't get approved until December and you will probably not receive an interview, even if you were competitive. 

Most people with average applications try to have theirs in no later than end of July.

edit: also, applying to only 2 schools? Why??? Most US citizens will do 20-30.

You are hopelessly too late and you're wasting your time. Sorry to be harsh, but this is the reality. Your application won't get approved until December and you will probably not receive an interview, even if you were competitive. 

Most people with average applications try to have theirs in no later than end of July.

edit: also, applying to only 2 schools? Why??? Most US citizens will do 20-30.

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I am aware that am too late. I already submitted my application last night and surprisingly it got processed today and sent to the schools. 

At least I got the expereince of applying and if not, will re apply next cycle...btw what do you think of my stats for next cycle, if I apply as early as possible?

Only 2 schools because I am late and already applied to Canadian Schools (was not planning on applying to the US. 

Thanks for your reply. I understand. Good luck to you as well

Probably not, tbh. Only DO schools maybe. I applied this year in August with better stats than you (no offence) and have not heard back from multiple schools. It's almost too late in the game. American schools are easier to get into, but NOT as an international student. Good luck

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I am aware that am too late. I already submitted my application last night and surprisingly it got processed today and sent to the schools. 

At least I got the expereince of applying and if not, will re apply next cycle...btw what do you think of my stats for next cycle, if I apply as early as possible?

Only 2 schools because I am late and already applied to Canadian Schools (was not planning on applying to the US. 

It's hard to say. Your MCAT is low, but then you have good grade. What are your ECs like ? (I know you wrote "good" but what does that mean, approximately ?) The US places a strong emphasis on actual clinical work - whether that's volunteering or what not.

Archived