Premed 101 Forums

How To Prepare For Interviews

DoctorS

Hi everybody!

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice on how to prepare for interviews. From what I have read on premed101 and other websites, good ways to prepare include going over questions that can be found online and practicing with friends. 

Aside from these ideas, are there any other good ways to prepare? For example, were there any websites or policies that you found beneficial to read up on? Or were there other resources that you found useful?

All advice would be greatly appreciated!

What I did to prepare :

- Read Doing Right

- Made sure to read the news daily for several months

- Prepared answers to a vast number of practice questions I found online (I did not, however, memorize any word for word! I think it's important to sound natural)

- Did several mock interviews with friends / services offered at uni / a prof

- Read up on the healthcare system in Canada

- Made a huge list of life examples so that I'd be ready to answer any question along the lines of "Tell me about a time when..." (I made sure to have at least 2-3 examples for each question, so that if I'd already used one of those to answer another question, I'd have a backup)

- Spent a ton of time talking to myself, answering practice questions out loud

Hope this helps! Best of luck with interviews :)

What I did to prepare :

- Read Doing Right

- Made sure to read the news daily for several months

- Prepared answers to a vast number of practice questions I found online (I did not, however, memorize any word for word! I think it's important to sound natural)

- Did several mock interviews with friends / services offered at uni / a prof

- Read up on the healthcare system in Canada

- Made a huge list of life examples so that I'd be ready to answer any question along the lines of "Tell me about a time when..." (I made sure to have at least 2-3 examples for each question, so that if I'd already used one of those to answer another question, I'd have a backup)

- Spent a ton of time talking to myself, answering practice questions out loud

Hope this helps! Best of luck with interviews :)

All of this is useful.

For non-MMI's, I'd also recommend going through all of your EC's and be prepared to explain what you learned or gained from each experience.

Archived