Premed 101 Forums

Unable To Wait, Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I have my two biggest finals the week interview decisions come out. I'm debating holding off an extra 4 days before I even bother checking UBC's decision.

Same!! But if I don't check I won't be able to focus on my finals. But if it's bad news I won't be able to focus anyways. Grrrr dilemmas.....

Does anyone know if the previous AQ calculations took both adjusted GPA and pre-reqs into account? (if this is true, for this year, the AQ score will only reflect your overall GPA or adjusted GPA?) I had assumed previously that the AQ score didn't include pre-req marks but I have heard otherwise. 

Thanks! 

Does anyone know if the previous AQ calculations took both adjusted GPA and pre-reqs into account? (if this is true, for this year, the AQ score will only reflect your overall GPA or adjusted GPA?) I had assumed previously that the AQ score didn't include pre-req marks but I have heard otherwise. 

Thanks! 

if you have done more than 3 years your AQ calculation will be based on your adjusted GPA which will include all pre-reqs except the ones you did in your worst academic year (there are only 2 pre-reqs.. 2 english courses so if they were both in your worst academic year they won't be included)

if you have done 3 years or less your AQ calculation will be based on your overall GPA which will include both pre-reqs

UBC med also has a help book where you can find answers to questions like this...

if you have done more than 3 years your AQ calculation will be based on your adjusted GPA which will include all pre-reqs except the ones you did in your worst academic year (there are only 2 pre-reqs.. 2 english courses so if they were both in your worst academic year they won't be included)

if you have done 3 years or less your AQ calculation will be based on your overall GPA which will include both pre-reqs

UBC med also has a help book where you can find answers to questions like this...

Thanks for the reply. I meant to say they would separately calculate the average of your pre-reqs apart from your overall or adjusted GPA, then factor that into account along with whichever overall/adjusted GPA you have. 

Thanks for the reply. I meant to say they would separately calculate the average of your pre-reqs apart from your overall or adjusted GPA, then factor that into account along with whichever overall/adjusted GPA you have. 

pre-req gpa doesn't factor into interview decision

its role in acceptance following interview is also not known

Archived