Premed 101 Forums

The November Dat Grades Are Actually Out

Not a joke, I got an email Yesterday at 1:46PM. 

I think I did pretty good considering I only studied for about a week before the exam and only used the DAT practise manual. 

PAT: 20

MDT: 15

I only needed 15 on the PAT and 5 on the MDT section for the school I'm applying to so I'm happy. If you go on previous forums you can see that my strategy was to "do well on the cube counting and hole punching sections and guess on the rest".....lol I was so scared about getting the minimum average because people on here were scaring the hell out of me and how I should've studied more for the TFE questions and stuff....I still don't know how to do them to this day.

All this to say....1 week is enough to get a 20 on the PAT. 

I studied for about a month and this is my score:

PAT: 21

MDT: 8

I'm a little bit scared about my hand skills (dentistry) because I did almost 18 soap and my MDT is low... 

But anyways, you nailed it.

Congrats !

I did about 10 soaps and kept 2 just in case I would have to retake the test in february. I think I did good on the carving section because the night before I literally carved out the exact same soap (that I randomly found online) with the exact same measurements. 

I was just really scared for the PAT because a few days before the test I was told: "It's probably not going to be ok if s/he completely guesses 15 question on the PAT. That would destroy your score even if you got every single question right in the other sections.". When I read that I was just preparing to take it again in February lol.

​On the actual exam, I guessed about 40 questions (30 of them being angles and TFE and the 10 other just random questions - mostly keyhole and pattern folding). I think I did great for the amount of time I studied.

I did about 10 soaps and kept 2 just in case I would have to retake the test in february. I think I did good on the carving section because the night before I literally carved out the exact same soap (that I randomly found online) with the exact same measurements.

I was just really scared for the PAT because a few days before the test I was told: "It's probably not going to be ok if s/he completely guesses 15 question on the PAT. That would destroy your score even if you got every single question right in the other sections.". When I read that I was just preparing to take it again in February lol.

​On the actual exam, I guessed about 40 questions (30 of them being angles and TFE and the 10 other just random questions - mostly keyhole and pattern folding). I think I did great for the amount of time I studied.

Sorry to break it to you but if you guessed 40 questions and scored 20, you probably got really lucky on your guesses. Either way, 20 is a good score but it would be hard to repeat.

I studied for about a month and this is my score:

PAT: 21

MDT: 8

I'm a little bit scared about my hand skills (dentistry) because I did almost 18 soap and my MDT is low... 

But anyways, you nailed it.

Congrats !

Keep hope, I got 14 on my first carve, and got 27 this time around. Practice lots!

Keep hope, I got 14 on my first carve, and got 27 this time around. Practice lots!

I'm from Quebec, they don't look at your DAT score, you just need 5/30 (MDT) and 15/30 (PAT)

But I'm still anxious because I'm scared that it means that my hand skills are bad.

Random question, but I was looking at the Nov dat scores for french test takers and the averages were really low compared to english test takers, I would give examples but I don't think I'm allowed. If I was to take the DAT in french next time would the fact that french test takers perform lower on average make it easier for someone to achieve a higher score on the bellcurve? Because if so people who are bilingual are at a huge advantage especially considering the french test also doesn't have RC  

Random question, but I was looking at the Nov dat scores for french test takers and the averages were really low compared to english test takers, I would give examples but I don't think I'm allowed. If I was to take the DAT in french next time would the fact that french test takers perform lower on average make it easier for someone to achieve a higher score on the bellcurve? Because if so people who are bilingual are at a huge advantage especially considering the french test also doesn't have RC  

But do all schools accept the french dat in place of the english dat since it doesn't have RC?

Sorry to break it to you but if you guessed 40 questions and scored 20, you probably got really lucky on your guesses. Either way, 20 is a good score but it would be hard to repeat.

Thanks, but I just contacted my (dream) school and they said the score you get does not expire. Meaning, as long as you meet the minimum requirements once, you can use it to apply for as long as you like. What a stress reliever!  

I'm from Quebec, they don't look at your DAT score, you just need 5/30 (MDT) and 15/30 (PAT)

But I'm still anxious because I'm scared that it means that my hand skills are bad.

I wouldn't worry, most people I talk to say it's not even close to being representative of the real work you have to do. They also say that you get a lot of practise so don't worry :)

Archived