Premed 101 Forums

Ot/pt Accepted/waitlisted/rejected 2017

Has anyone heard from U of T for PT yet? I've received an interview from Mac, and at least an e-mail confirming my application from Queen's and Western, but nothing from U of T. I've heard that in past years the Mac and U of T interviews are held on the same weekend, but Mac's are fast approaching so I'm getting a bit anxious. Thanks! 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard from U of T for PT yet? I've received an interview from Mac, and at least an e-mail confirming my application from Queen's and Western, but nothing from U of T. I've heard that in past years the Mac and U of T interviews are held on the same weekend, but Mac's are fast approaching so I'm getting a bit anxious. Thanks! 

You got a confirmation email from Western saying that they received your application? When did they send that out???

Thanks!

You got a confirmation email from Western saying that they received your application? When did they send that out???

Thanks!

I applied to Western's OT not PT, but I found my confirmation email on March 6th as well in my junk folder, so definitely check that out!

Mac and UofT will be holding there interviews on different weekends this year. No way UofT can release CAP invites and hold the interviews the same weekend as Mac.

Good luck with your application!

McMaster Interviews are April 7,8,9. and UofT CAP is on April 29th. As per their website!

Has anyone heard anything from Queen's OT? I was talking to my friend about how I received an e-mail confirming that the school had received my application from ORPAS for PT, but she hasn't heard anything from them concerning her application for OT. 

Has anyone heard anything from Queen's OT? I was talking to my friend about how I received an e-mail confirming that the school had received my application from ORPAS for PT, but she hasn't heard anything from them concerning her application for OT.

May 19th is when we can expect to hear from Queen's OT. This is my 2nd time applying and Queen's doesn't send any confirmation emails for OT.

Applied: UBC, UofA (both OT)

Accepted: UBC
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: sGPA 3.83, 85% for UBC

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Interview and essay for UBC was strong. Essay for UofA was average. Both reference letters were strong.   

Applied: Queen's PT, Western PT

Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: cGPA = 3.42, sGPA = 3.72
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

Both my references were very strong. My essay for Western was okay, but I perceive my essay for Queen's to be very strong. I did my best to state my experiences, describe what I learned from each of them, and explain how they relate to the essential competencies of a physiotherapist. I have a lot of PT-related experiences, including many hours as a student varsity trainer, working in a spinal cord injury rehab centre, working in a private PT clinic, and collecting data for clinical research. My non-PT-related experiences include coaching athletes with disabilities, working as a senior fitness class assistant, as a mentor for first year students, and as a concussion educator for secondary school students.

Hoping for the best!

Wow! You guys are looking real good!

Applied: UBC, Queens (PT)Accepted:Waitlisted:Rejected:GPA: cGPA: 3.35 sGPA: 3.72, UBC (86%)  

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I've worked the past 18 months (so like 2,500 hours?) full time as a clinical kinesiologist, doing exc prescription, modalities, ultrasound, TENS, pain education etc...Was also a pretty good athlete until a severe injury forced me into to seeing rehab from the patient side, so I have that experience... Hoping that Queens sees my experience>GPA. :)   

References are pretty good, got me an interview and waitlisted last year at UBC. Weakness would probably be my interviewing skills, need to work on getting more comfortable and confident in the MMI type of setting, it's a bit of an adjustment from regular interviews that I'm used to.   

Best of luck everyone and happy holidays!

Hey kinguy19,

I was wondering how you converted your 3.72 gpa to ubc scale. Please help!

Congrats on the interviews everyone! For those of you who received interviews for UBC PT, what was your calculated average?

I have the exact same question! My calculated avg for both pre reqs and last 30 upper div courses was exacty 4.08 (on a 4.33 scale). However, I am unsure of how this translates to ubc percentage

Without disclosing any mmi specific questions. ...how does everyone feel about their performance? I've spent the afternoon second guessing everything!

Even though its stressful going in, a lot of people (including myself) thought it was a fun experience in the end! All the interviewers and student volunteers were really nice. 

I'll give you the same advice one of the students gave me: you know more than you think so relax and enjoy the ride :) 

Even though its stressful going in, a lot of people (including myself) thought it was a fun experience in the end! All the interviewers and student volunteers were really nice. 

I'll give you the same advice one of the students gave me: you know more than you think so relax and enjoy the ride :)

Are you talking about UBCs PT or OT interviews? 

Archived