Premed 101 Forums

Time stamp: 9:34 AM

Invite: No ????

GPA: 3.98

Casper: Did well on practise tests and honestly felt pretty good during actual test.

VR: 11

IP

BSc 2015 (US University)

Dunno, hate to think I'm that out of touch with reality and that my Casper hurt me so much. Leaves me wondering where I should try to improve for next year. Maybe write new CARS if it carries more weight than old VR?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

are you trolling

Time stamp: 9:22 am Invite/Reject: Invite GPA: 3.84 CARS: 129 Casper: Spent a lot of time prepping so it felt really good IP Completed UG

In the interview response form, they ask for the OMSAS Number. Is that the OMSAS User ID or the OUAC Reference Number (which is all numbers)?

If anyone knows, that would be great!

I'd assume it's the OUAC Reference number, which is all numbers. When they sent out the form to confirm geographical status, they asked for OMSAS number as well, and the one they wanted was the all numbers one. (I know because I had to send it in to let them know about interview dates I could not attend)

Reject

cGPA: 3.87 (1st: 3.77, 2nd: 3.86, 3rd: 3.97)

MCAT: 518: 129/127/130/132 (97th percentile)
Current year: UG 4th year
ECs: Pretty diverse. Intramural sports, research at McMaster Department of Paediatrics (publication in process), gospel choir, volunteer at hospitals/schools/retirement homes, math/science tutor, piano teacher, musicals, juggle 2 part-time jobs since last summer, shadowed optometrist, and so on.

Casper: Thought it went okay but maybe not good enough. Spent about 2 weeks preparing, getting my typing speed up. 

Reject
CARS: 125

cGPA: 3.5 I think

CASPER: I don't think it went as well as last year but that was because some of the questions were vague or seamed too easy. I guess is it was good enough to get me an Ottawa Interview though.

I applied to Mac before getting my MCAT score back, so I bucked up just incase I scored a 130+ in CARS.

Reject

CARS: 125

cGPA: 3.5 I think

CASPER: I don't think it went as well as last year but that was because some of the questions were vague or seamed too easy. I guess is it was good enough to get me an Ottawa Interview though.

I applied to Mac before getting my MCAT score back, so I bucked up just incase I scored a 130+ in CARS.

How did you get an interview at ottawa with 3.5 gpa???