Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interviews Regrets/invites 2017

SMT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Know, and it was 50 less applicants too :(

Lol since my GPA is below average, I convinced myself that they'd invite the same number of people this year (or even more since since 2016 was up on 2015) and that the number of applicants would stay the same pretty much...oh well, we will know tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

The following is for DMD. 

TIME STAMP: 10:00pm
Result: Reject
wGPA: *3.73 or 3.87* Depending on how letter of EC was handled. 
DAT: Not submitted
ECs: 160 hours as student OT, summer of research, coached martial arts and fitness four years. 
Year: 1st year masters in occupational therapy. 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: Yes. First semester 2.91 GPA. Had pretty significant family issues during that time and submitted notary signed affidavits. If first semester included in calculations, cGPA is 3.73. If first semester not included, 3.87 cGPA. 

Definitely not a good sign for med. :S

Anybody know when you get the # further review required# if there is any confirmation that we have to make on minerva or they'll be sending mails about interviews?

Nope, you don't have to confirm anything. Just wait for Minerva to update the files you have to upload later (NDA and such) and the email. 

Congrats on the interview! 

TIME STAMP: 08:00PST

Result: Invite

wGPA: 3.83

MCAT: not submitted

ECs: regular volunteer activities, some hospital work experience. PM for details

Year: UG (4)

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Ah this is so exciting. I'm still shaking

Looking at your stats and invite (must have been an amazing CVPN!) kinda makes me wish I was more persistent in challenging the glitch that got my application cancelled  :(

Congrats to all who've received an interview though, and best of luck to those who will be hearing back tomorrow! I hope our construction won't put a damper on your big day, the campus will be beautiful again by the time your white coat ceremony comes around  ;)

Nope, you don't have to confirm anything. Just wait for Minerva to update the files you have to upload later (NDA and such) and the email. 

Congrats on the interview! 

Wait, "further review required " means you received an invitation to the interview? I had that last year on my application and someone said it meant that you are on the wait list for interviews but you haven't received an interview? This was for the masters in physiotherapy program so maybe it's different.

Archived