Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interviews Regrets/invites 2017

SMT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIME STAMP: 3pm
Result: Refusal on minerva
wGPA: *3.73 or 3.87* Depending on how letter of EC was handled. 
DAT: Not submitted
ECs: pm me
Year: 1st year masters in OT. 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Ah, I think I'll have to consider other options since this is the second time getting refused preinterview. 

Still no email, status has stayed on "Reviewed - Decision Pending" all day.

Does this mean I'm on the interview waitlist? How does that work?

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied

Decision Code

What it means 01 - Admitted You have been offered admission to the program specified. 02 - Admitted with Condition You have been conditionally accepted to the program specified. The conditions will be indicated in your letter of acceptance. 11 - Refused - ltd space available While your overall record (and interview, where applicable) meets our requirements, due to the large number of applicants, the extremely competitive nature of our programs, and space limitations, we are unable to offer you admission. 13 - Refused - missing prerequisite You have not been admitted as you are missing prerequisites for your specified program. See your decision letter for further details. 14 - Refused - ineligible You have not been admitted as you are ineligible for admission based on the academic background shown in the information received. 18 - Refused You have not been admitted. See your decision letter for futher details or contact the appropriate Admissions Office. 30 - Reviewed - Decision Pending Waitlisted for interview. 31 - Further Review Required Invitation for an interview, Minerva checklist has been updated. 32 - Waiting List You have been placed on a Waiting List for the specified program. In order to ensure further consideration of your file, please confirm your intention to remain on the Waiting List. 50 - Cancelled by Applicant Your application for the program specified has been cancelled at your request. 51 - Cancelled by University Your application for the program specified has been cancelled as your application was incomplete after the deadline had passed or was submitted after the application deadline. 63 - Deferral Request Under Review Your request to defer your registration until a later term has been received.  A decision will be made shortly. 65 - Offer Withdrawn after deadline The offer of admissions for this program has been withdrawn as you did not accept the offer by the deadline.

TIME STAMP: 10:02 pm
Result: Invite !
wGPA: 3.93
MCAT: -
ECs: 2 research internship ( grant, poster, presentation award), teaching assistant, speed skating coach, lots of voluntering and more
Year:  3rd year undergrad

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: No

I finally received my email confirmation !!!  :)

Not sure if I'm ontbecright thread but do you think it's worth applying with a 31 R score from cegep ? Excellent CV . Please give me your honest advice . Thank you

Longshot but the experience of going through the application process makes it worthwhile if the cost is not an issue. 

Time: 12:00

Result: Invite

wGPA: 3.84

MCAT: Not submitted

ECs: Lots of research activities (publication, conference presentation and awards), mental health volunteering, some general hospital volunteering, student government. Always worked to pay bills and tuition.

Year: MSc 2016

IP

Has anyone on the interview waitlist gotten an interview spot yet? I believe tomorrow is the last day for people to accept their interview spot. 

I've heard of many people getting interviews from positions off the waitlist and even some of them getting offers of admission so don't lose hope or think that a waitlist interview negatively affects your chances. Hope you hear some good news soon.

Archived