Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Dmd Interview Invites/regrets 2017

I'm shocked/grateful for the placement, but still terrified. At the bottom of this page https://www.mcgill.ca/dentistry/4-year-dmd-program/after-applying it says that no offers were made to waitlisted people in Fall 2016? Does anyone know if this is correct?

If I'm not mistaken they invited the 20th person on the waitlist last year. I think that webpage is meant to say Fall 2017 and has not yet been updated. Since it's Easter break there probably won't be any changes until Tuesday. That's why I am wondering if anyone is planning to decline a dent offer to get an idea of the IP waitlist movement

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken they invited the 20th person on the waitlist last year. I think that webpage is meant to say Fall 2017 and has not yet been updated. Since it's Easter break there probably won't be any changes until Tuesday. That's why I am wondering if anyone is planning to decline a dent offer to get an idea of the IP waitlist movement

Oh okay, that's what I was hoping! Good luck to everyone, I'll update if I get any news :)

Are you sure that number's correct? I mean it's possible that people on the waitlist declined their offer too, but it could also mean that nearly all the people who received initial offers declined???

Are you sure that number's correct? I mean it's possible that people on the waitlist declined their offer too, but it could also mean that nearly all the people who received initial offers declined???

I am unable to find the link but I remember reading somewhere that last year (in July), the 20th person on the waitlist received an offer. 

1st on waitlist, IP!

I'll let you know when/if I get the call

Have you heard anything? I'm surprised that at this point there hasn't been movement yet. I'm assuming either people haven't rejected their offer yet or McGill hasn't made any offers at this point. 

Apparently they're doing MMIs for the NTP candidates this week! So we won't see any updates until next week

Do you really think that it will have much of an effect? I was really hoping for more movement on the WL after an entire week since the offers came out. I wonder if it's because people have already accepted their offer, or whether they are (understandably) waiting until the deadline to decide.

Do you really think that it will have much of an effect? I was really hoping for more movement on the WL after an entire week since the offers came out. I wonder if it's because people have already accepted their offer, or whether they are (understandably) waiting until the deadline to decide.

Im saying this because an OOP already declined their offer and there's no update online yet! lol 

French schools release their acceptances/rejections in mid-may so I'm sure in-province movement will be high around then. As for the reason why there has yet to be any movement this week is probably because people generally wait until deadlines to decline an offer! 

I'm sure there will be more movement after the 27th. 

Refused

OOP
cGPA McGill: 3.73
Degree: BSc. Graduate 2016

Interview: Very weird MMI but tried my best. Honestly, I was disappointed that I didn't get McGill but I'm happy with the application cycle!

Better late than never but hope this gives confidence for other low GPA OOP in the future! Don't give up and always throw your app in! You might just end up with a interview  :) 

Refused

OOP

cGPA McGill: 3.73

Degree: BSc. Graduate 2016

Interview: Very weird MMI but tried my best. Honestly, I was disappointed that I didn't get McGill but I'm happy with the application cycle!

Better late than never but hope this gives confidence for other low GPA OOP in the future! Don't give up and always throw your app in! You might just end up with a interview  :) 

how did you get an interview with a 3.73 cgpa 0___0 as an oop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived