Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to admissions again today, for an unrelated reason to my call with them on Thursday. Without me inquiring about it, the lady on the phone mentioned that some invites will be sent out until the end of this week, with some files held on to in case of cancellations. This sparked some follow up questions on my end. When I asked her when we can expect to receive notice, she said most likely closer to the end of the week. So maybe we'll hear back on Thirsday or Friday? I'm expecting invites Thursday, and regrets Friday. I was also told that the ad coms have nearly completed all file reviews with only a few left to review/finish. So I'd expect file reviews to either finish up today or tomorrow, and then we will be informed following that. So with that all being said, it's likely we'll be in limbo for the next couple days, so try to stay positive and good luck everyone!

I spoke to admissions again today, for an unrelated reason to my call with them on Thursday. Without me inquiring about it, the lady on the phone mentioned that some invites will be sent out until the end of this week, with some files held on to in case of cancellations. This sparked some follow up questions on my end. When I asked her when we can expect to receive notice, she said most likely closer to the end of the week. So maybe we'll hear back on Thirsday or Friday? I'm expecting invites Thursday, and regrets Friday. I was also told that the ad coms have nearly completed all file reviews with only a few left to review/finish. So I'd expect file reviews to either finish up today or tomorrow, and then we will be informed following that. So with that all being said, it's likely we'll be in limbo for the next couple days, so try to stay positive and good luck everyone!

*Sighs in exasperation*

I wonder how many invites are even left? Does everyone still waiting feel they have a good chance based on stats?

Not that I condone giving applicants short notice for interviews, but why are people complaining about not having enough time to practice? If you think you are a competitive applicant then 1) you should have other interview(s) you were practicing for which will carry over (MPI has aspects of panel and MMI) or 2) you would have been practicing anyway if you don't have other interviews to prepare for the best case scenario. It isn't the school's fault that you aren't willing to prepare ahead of time. This should really only inconvenience those who have to make extensive travel arrangements.

Not that I condone giving applicants short notice for interviews, but why are people complaining about not having enough time to practice? If you think you are a competitive applicant then 1) you should have other interview(s) you were practicing for which will carry over (MPI has aspects of panel and MMI) or 2) you would have been practicing anyway if you don't have other interviews to prepare for the best case scenario. It isn't the school's fault that you aren't willing to prepare ahead of time. This should really only inconvenience those who have to make extensive travel arrangements.

Thank you for saying this. I've been floored at how many people are upset by Toronto's applicant review process. I'm more than happy to wait a little extra if I know that my application is being evaluated in a rigorous process that is essentially giving everyone an equitable chance. 

Thank you for saying this. I've been floored at how many people are upset by Toronto's applicant review process. I'm more than happy to wait a little extra if I know that my application is being evaluated in a rigorous process that is essentially giving everyone an equitable chance.

I agree, would prefer a full assessment with longer wait time. Especially since I'm a PhD with a longer application package and non-quantifiable experiences.

It's a little annoying as someone who lives across the country. I briefly looked at the flights available that weekend, and they are in the range of $700-800 currently. They will also likely go up by the end of the week. I just have a hard time comprehending how so many people still haven't heard just over a week before the interviews. If this was the amount of time that it takes them to review applications, then I think they should be making the application date earlier. 

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived