Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, having gotten no word, I'm going to go just check my email every night before bed (rather than constantly check throughout the day). It's exhausting and unproductive to wait. I know that my file will eventually be reviewed, and having known a few students who got accepted with last-minute interview invites, there's no point in getting so wrapped up in the wait...

At this point, having gotten no word, I'm going to go just check my email every night before bed (rather than constantly check throughout the day). It's exhausting and unproductive to wait. I know that my file will eventually be reviewed, and having known a few students who got accepted with last-minute interview invites, there's no point in getting so wrapped up in the wait...

I agree, but it certainly is hard not knowing whether you are in the competitive but rejected list or the group that has not had their files reviewed yet. 

I may take one for the team and send an email *politely* asking for an approximation of the remaining interview slots for the present cycle... how do you guys think this would be perceived?

calling may be advisable in this case- and they probably have received such requests already

I may take one for the team and send an email *politely* asking for an approximation of the remaining interview slots for the present cycle... how do you guys think this would be perceived?

Don't. And they won't tell you. Instead they will say what they told me..."We may send invites up until 2 weeks before the interview date." Looking back into the interview/regrets from 2016, people have interview stamps up until March 24th for the April 10th interview. So remain hopeful :)

I'm expecting a huge rejection dump today or tomorrow- they can't have sent rejections following detailed review yet- we would have seen at least a couple posts

I think a lot of it is non-response bias, as well. I'm too lazy to go and check right now, but I don't think that there are any rejections on the Invites thread, and I've been told by a handful of friends from early Feb up until a week ago that they've been rejected. I have a feeling that a couple of the more recent ones were people who made it to the detailed file review.

I think a lot of it is non-response bias, as well. I'm too lazy to go and check right now, but I don't think that there are any rejections on the Invites thread, and I've been told by a handful of friends from early Feb up until a week ago that they've been rejected. I have a feeling that a couple of the more recent ones were people who made it to the detailed file review.

Seconded; lots of non-response bias that quite possibly skews our perception of the real numbers (i.e. compare the 66 posts on the 2016 thread to the mere 19 posts on the 2017 thread thus far)...

Seconded; lots of non-response bias that quite possibly skews our perception of the real numbers (i.e. compare the 66 posts on the 2016 thread to the mere 19 posts on the 2017 thread thus far)...

Exactly, the invites thread from last year was already 3 pages long at this date and had rejections on it. We're not even to the second page yet.

Let me just say, that I am fully expecting a rejection based on my wGPA. So I'll be the first to post on the thread when/if I am rejected to hopefully open the flood gates for other rejections to be posted haha. People probably don't want to be the first one posting their rejection, as well.

Let me just say, that I am fully expecting a rejection based on my wGPA. So I'll be the first to post on the thread when/if I am rejected to hopefully open the flood gates for other rejections to be posted haha. People probably don't want to be the first one posting their rejection, as well.

I hope that you are wrong about this, but if you happen to be correct, your sacrifice shall not go unnoticed.

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived