Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interviews Invite 2017

I have never posted on this forum before and have just been a lurker, but I feel the need to make a post as I think this is getting somewhat out of hand. If unkn0wnfutur3 is making comments that you don't like or don't appreciate, all you need to do is just not answer. By answering or acknowledging his comments, you are just adding more fuel to the flame. He or she obviously thrives off the drama and by answering him/her and other individuals like him/her, you're only going to worsen the situation. This thread has become irrelevant to its original subject matter due to the immature banter between unknown and those who are arguing with him/her. It's important to note you are all thriving to become dentists, and that such a profession comes with a need to act maturely. In the future, you will most definitely encounter unpleasant or rude individuals, but will have to learn to deal with them accordingly. In this case, not answering at all, or perhaps bringing the comments to the attention of one of the moderators, would have been a more mature response. If a dog across the street from where you are walking starts barking at you, would you walk across, sit down beside the dog, and waste time talking back to it? Probably not. You would most likely just walk away. These are just my 2 cents. I don't think that writing responses of intimidation or insults back will do anything but worsen the situation, and demonstrate a lack of maturity on your part in dealing with conflicts. Simply leave the page, change the subject, or contact a moderator so they can deal with the situation as they find fit. It's definitely important to contribute to a forum that provides such pertinent information for present and future applicants. However, when the posts become counterproductive or unimportant to the main subject matter at hand, then it's just unnecessary. I want to thank you all for taking the time to read through this lengthy post (for those of you that have). I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hold off on the personal attacks.

One thing schools are trying to do is shift towards selecting for well-rounded individuals. They understand many applicants are more than capable academically but there are other non-academic traits that are important. While UofT are stats-driven, it is clear that both 22AA and 3.99 are excellent.

The scaling for the DAT is variable. A 22AA in one sitting may be equivalent to 23+ in another. 

^This.

+1

There's alot of unprofessionalism in this thread, it blows my mind that you guys are attacking each other and the interview is just days away...

LOL i love to hear how expressing an opinion is wrong. Find me, and message me. I will talk to you in person

I don't have to talk to you, you'll be contacted within the next 6 weeks by someone else. I am a UofT dent student, and trust me - they plan to get involved. It's amazing how fast a court order can motivate a school to investigate. Also, it's not about opinions. It's about unprofessionalism and MOSTLY about making inappropriate/sexually suggestive remarks over a UofT dental school discussions board. 

No hiding behind that IP address anymore.

I don't have to talk to you, you'll be contacted within the next 6 weeks by someone else. I am a UofT dent student, and trust me - they plan to get involved. It's amazing how fast a court order can motivate a school to investigate. Also, it's not about opinions. It's about unprofessionalism and MOSTLY about making inappropriate/sexually suggestive remarks over a UofT dental school discussions board. 

No hiding behind that IP address anymore.

i wish you a good luck- all you have is "what that mouth do". 

thank you for acknowledging that is sexually suggestive. goodnight

As I said, I'm responsible for what I said, and not what you interpreted as "Sexually suggestive". With that said, I wish you a good luck :) nights

* Edit to anyone who's reading this. This is parallel to what I said earlier- it's 2017 and everyone gets offended off everything. This girl(?) literally got offended off of a meme line and is now threatening me to get court involved LOL *sigh* 

I had a quick question! So they've appointed a time for the interview and said that there will also be a personality test and tour. Does this tour/ test happen after your appointed interview time or am I supposed to show up earlier in the day for a group tour type of thing? Sorry if this is a silly question, I just want to make sure!

Thanks!!

Archived